TygerKitty - I need your help!!!

I'm still surprised by this :P But you have the Minilisa so you don't have to covet the Boogie hahaha

:P I did take a second glance at the lingo... and the moving on up... I also came THISCLOSE to buying a steam punk but changed my mind at the last minute... all three have the exact same or similar shapes to the boogie but I still don't own one! lol

TK - thank you for the head's up about TOB - so much cheaper!

I do love the yellow, but I might have to get the mandarin (more fall-ish) since my mona lethal is a pretty yellow one (yes, nice & springy! - I wish I knew the exact name, I bought it gently used). Now, of course, I need a summer and winter bag....garnet minilisa?! Aaargh, just when I thought I'd made up my mind!

Last edited:
Oh, I just got back from another shop in my neighborhood - now that I've discovered Tano, I realize how lucky I am to be in city that has so many great stores that stock Tano!

They had Sass & Crass, Ramped Up, and Lady Raga - all in elephant, mahogany, and ruby - and they were GORGEOUS! That bella leather is really something. I checked out a few bags in plush, too, and for me, the bella is even more exquisite. So soft and smooth with such a refined matte finish.

Anyway, you ladies may have seen these already, but I thought I'd share! (Funny: because of my Tano research slash obsession today, I knew more than the girl behind the counter, which was weird! "Is this early Fall or Fall 09?" I asked, "plush or bella?" She had no idea!)

Mona - Don't forget to check out touch of sass I think they still have some Minilisas there as well so it's another option. I've got the smoke minilisa preordered, which hopefully should be here soon and I can answer your questions about the specifics of this season's minilisas a little better. But I do have a truffle minilisa already and I honestly think it's just about the most perfect bag. I HIGHLY reccommend getting one. It's gorgeous and looks great with jeans or even at work a little more dressed up. It's so easy to wear and fits A TON of stuff without look stuffed or feeling at all heavy. Good luck deciding!

Thank you, LB, I will definitely check out that site. I WILL get a Minilisa - it's just a matter of what color! Glad you're enjoying yours. Everyone on the board seems to loooove truffle - it looks gorgeous.

TK!!!!! I just ordered my mandarin Minilisa!!!!!!

I'm obnoxiously excited. Just petted one in this store
[http://bagandshoe.com/bag.html] but decided to take your suggestion and order from TOB for a lot less.

Still want to support my local shop, though. It's so lovely, called simple "bag" on the lower east side of manhattan. Hundreds of Tanos .... aaarrgggh. The smell was divine. These pics give you an idea of the scale of the place: http://www.thelodownny.com/leslog/2009/07/bag-gets-comfortable-on-orchard.html

And I still want to get a bag from MHB - the owner is so helpful and I love the site. So I guess that means there are more Tanos in my future!

Thanks, everyone, for feeding the fire!

Mona....... I was so excited you ordered mandarin and then so sad when I read they didn't have it in stock... that sucks :sad: I'm sorry! I've never had a problem with TOB before, that just is a bummer!!!!

I'm really ticked about TOB doing that.... I really can't believe it....they have such a nice selection and now I don't trust it. Not that I order from them but still a lot of other Tano tPF-ers do and have....and to be excited about a bag and then find out that it's not coming...grrrrrr

Voo and TK, you're the best. I bet it TOB just made a simple mistake. I see they've update their site and taken mandarin off the menu for the minilisa, so they're on it.

If only I could order it in mandarin from MHB, I would do it in a nanosecond! As gorgous as the garnet is, I'm seriously stuck on mandarin for some reason....at least I have all of your reveals to keep me happy!

Sorry to butt in!

Monalethalfan, BAG is a really great store, and Catherine is a sweetheart!
Also, I know of another Tano retailer in Queens. If you're interested, just shoot me a PM.

Let us know what you end up getting!

The bag store looks like the kind of place I would love to go - no place like that here where you can see them all lined up like that - I would be in heaven. But...why are the bags in the window or any place near the window?? The few places in town that sell tano do that too - the sun just kills the color on one side and fades it, then they still want full price. Maybe that store rotates every day, but still - seeing them faded on one side makes me sad.

That's a good point about window fading. I try to avoid buying the bags in or near the window of any shop if possible. I highly recommend BAG as well, gals! Well worth a stop! I try to make a pilgrimage when I'm in NYC...LOL. If it's a biz trip, I try to squeeze it in.