TygerKitty - I need your help!!!

monalethalfan

Jul 20, 2009
Okay, so my addiction for this forum is feeding my Tano addition (and the other way around, too!). Reading all your posts is so fun - such happiness here! I just love the way we enable each other.

Which is why I've put a call out to TygerKitty! Ha.

I've been trying to figure out what my second (I know, I know) Tano purchase should be, and I thought it would be another Mona Lethal or a Spring Eternal, but I found this amazing handbag shop that's just full of Tanos, and I fell in love with the Minilisa.

From what I can tell, TK is the Queen of Minilisas, so I thought I would put out a call for her!

So, TK, here are my questions:

1. Should I get a Minilisa? (I think I know what you'll say to this one!)
2. Should I get it in Mandarin, Avocado, or Yellow?
3. What season are those colors, do you know?
4. Is it true that the Minilisa is discontinued?
5. Is $255 a fair price?
6. Is it a good bag to follow up my love affair with the Mona Lethal?!
7. What makes you love the Minilisa so much?!?

Thanks, in advance - you're definitely an expert and I'm definitely a newbie, and I really appreciate your help.

Also, please everyone else chime in, too!!!!

HAHA! Well hello there!

1. YES
2. ummmm all of the above
3. mandarin - fall 2008? avocado is ummm spring 2009, yellow - depends which one!
4. YES musthavebag is getting the last minilisas in the fall 2009 colors of smoke, espresso, garnet and violet
5. sounds a big expensive; they are $239 full price on MHB but we all know their pricing ROCKS! (+10% TPF discount wooooot http://www.musthavebag.com/Minilisa-pre-order-Fall-colors-a-MHB-exclusive-P80C51.aspx)
6. It's a good bag for ANY love affair!
7. I love the hobo style, it's slouchy and gorgeous when you wear it and fits a TON! And, it shows off the tano colors BEAUTIFULLY! It's also a great option for the monotone bag... sexbomb is another but sexbomb doesn't stay on my shoulder very well cause I have fat arms lol so the minilisa has a larger drop length!

If you want a yellow, mandarin or avocado minilisa (did they make avocado minilisas??) I can help you find one online for a cheaper price than $255... I'm sure of it lol! I own truffle, raspberry, grape, pineapple and berry blue... I have threads about all of them if you want to read/see more!

TK, you are the superwoman of Tano! Thanks for coming to my rescue. I'm working from home today and am obviously obsessing (a little). Thanks for all the info. I'm wondering if the bags I saw weren't Mandarin - hard to believe they'd have three in that color/style from so long ago? Any other orange Minilisas out there?

I will go find the threads about your bags - can't wait to see more pics!

Just checked out MHB - would love to get a bag from that site, have heard so many good things. The new colors are gorgeous! Which one(s) do you have on order, if you don't mind my asking?! It says that the tape will be contrasting. I kinda liked how the bag I saw was all one color....Do you know what leather the Fall 09 Minilisas will be?

Any and all help you can give me will be much appreciated! I'd love to find a minilisa for less - and I'm open to lots of different colors. Thank you!!!!!

Okay, one more question: I wanted to love the boogie (and I do love it on others), but I wasn't crazy about the flat hard bottom. That is the boogie, right? And the Minilisa doesn't have that? Also, I forgot to look at the lining - does it just depend bag by bag?

I considered a smoke on preorder... reallllllllllly reallllllllllly wanted it but I'm absolutely broke right now and I have a gray HH that I LOVE and don't use nearly as much as I thought I would (the gray color; bag doesnt matter)... so I haven't ordered one. *sniffles* lol I love the violet as well but I already have grape and espresso is close to the truffle I have.. LOVE the garnet color as well but I don't wear stuff that goes with it much.... oiiiiii but it's so pretty.

MHB is an amazing site to deal with; I recommend them 100% without reservations!

I don't know about the zipper tape on the fall 09 minilisas and nothing in guaranteed until the bags are actually produced lol...

I have to go pack some more (I'm moving tomorrow) but www.thatsourbag.com has minilisas in lots of colors for like... $235 I think (trying to remember off hand) otherwise check out all the links in the online stores thread!

It's entirely possible that they have that many bags from that long ago because some stores don't move their product very quickly, sadly enough!

I promise I will help more later, don't freak out though lol! We can definitely find you a minilisa for less than $255 though!

Okay, one more question: I wanted to love the boogie (and I do love it on others), but I wasn't crazy about the flat hard bottom. That is the boogie, right? And the Minilisa doesn't have that? Also, I forgot to look at the lining - does it just depend bag by bag?

Haha I'm not crazy about the boogie on me either; looks great on everyone else though! lol

Boogie does have the flat square on the bottom, the minilisa has it's seam on the bottom and it's just a squishy leathery area with no built in structure. Heaven ;)

Lining color depends on leather color!

Okay, honey, thanks so much for helping me while you're packing! Hope you have an easy peasy move.

I see you're in CO? I'm from Denver and now live in NYC....I really miss the mountains.

TK, you are the superwoman of Tano! Thanks for coming to my rescue. I'm working from home today and am obviously obsessing (a little). Thanks for all the info. I'm wondering if the bags I saw weren't Mandarin - hard to believe they'd have three in that color/style from so long ago? Any other orange Minilisas out there?

I will go find the threads about your bags - can't wait to see more pics!

Just checked out MHB - would love to get a bag from that site, have heard so many good things. The new colors are gorgeous! Which one(s) do you have on order, if you don't mind my asking?! It says that the tape will be contrasting. I kinda liked how the bag I saw was all one color....Do you know what leather the Fall 09 Minilisas will be?

Any and all help you can give me will be much appreciated! I'd love to find a minilisa for less - and I'm open to lots of different colors. Thank you!!!!!

You have asked a lot of great questions!! I am learning so much about the minilisa! Maybe the orange you saw was carmel? I'm not 100% sure it was made in carmel, but the photos of it look orangy while the actual bag is not.

I've had a chance to try this bag on in person and really did like it. I think it would fit a lot, I could see how it would have a great slouch factor, it was soft and easy to wear! Can't wait to see what color you get! Maybe garnet? :graucho:

You have asked a lot of great questions!! I am learning so much about the minilisa! Maybe the orange you saw was carmel? I'm not 100% sure it was made in carmel, but the photos of it look orangy while the actual bag is not.

I've had a chance to try this bag on in person and really did like it. I think it would fit a lot, I could see how it would have a great slouch factor, it was soft and easy to wear! Can't wait to see what color you get! Maybe garnet? :graucho:

I'm thinkin' the espresso is going to be a little slice of nirvana.

The minilisa was made in caramel... just not sure about greens? The minilisa was also made in mandarin, duh... someone on this subforum has one, I remember the reveal now.. and www.thatsourbag.com has them for sale for $209. Mandarin and pineapple (yellow) were the same season; I love the pineapple... very bright and fresh!

OP... yep I'm in CO... I actually am moving TO Denver tomorrow hehe! Thank gawd for moving companies and parents that pay for them! lol I did not want to trek all my crap down three floors and then back up one flight when I got to my new place! That would have been a nightmare; it's taken me ages just to pack things let alone move them all!