Two years of searching finally OVER!!

FrankieP

O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
Well I don't normally do this for bags-on-their-way, but in this instance I can't help myself. I've been looking for one of these bags in good condition for ages, and now that I've finally found one I'm over the moon! :cloud9:

My search began over two years ago with my beloved Speedy 35.. I loved her size but am really a shoulder / messenger bag gal, and those dinky little handles eventually succumbed to my need for greater practicality. Searching for a replacement I discovered this extinct line of bags and thought it would be perfect - with those flat handles I could carry her comfortably upon my shoulder, plus the fact that those straps wrapped around beneath the bag gave reassuring support to the everything-plus-kitchen-sink loads I tend to fill my purses with! :tup:

And so began my search... in the meantime I've tried just about every other bag under the sun, and although I have recently met one true love in the Icare I never gave up hope of finding this baby and never stopped searching...

:search:

:tumbleweed:

So can you guess what I've been looking for? If it helps to have a clue I can tell you how long she's waited for the perfect-match owner..... 23 years!!! :nuts: :faint:

Last edited:
Hahahaa, secrets are hard to keep! I'm torn between getting on with a quick reveal and wanting to wait due to the fact that most PF'ers live in the north and are in bed right now, lol! :girlwhack:

Okay here's a clue, I'll post it wayyyy down in the post so those who want to ponder some more needn't see it right away. :graucho:

louisvuit-1288748995-12363.jpg

:winkiss:

3am, you poor thing - I'd better get entertaining you! YESSS it's a Sac Souple, in the rarest of rare 35 size! :woohoo:

Look how fabby she is, even the undersides of the handles are pristine. Arghhh can't waiitttttt, she's just gonna be so perfect. I had a Sac Flanerie 45 which is a lovely bag too but kept wishing it was shorter.. it was perfect when full but when nearly empty everything slipped around too much along it's length even though it was nice and slim in height. I'm so tragic, she was only posted yesterday but I've been checking the tracking already, lol! :blush:

louisvuit-1288748832-12354.jpg

louisvuit-1288748980-12358.jpg

louisvuit-1288748989-12361.jpg

louisvuit-1288748998-12364.jpg

louisvuit-1288749001-12365.jpg

louisvuit-1288749006-12366.jpg

Last edited:
Thankyou all!! :ty:

Joyce you have one too? No wonder you guessed so quickly - I didn't know it was even in this size for the first while, the only ones really out there are 45s and 55s! It was so hard to find I kind of gave up hope after the first year and stopped so actively searching, then started again and miraculously came across this one. It was listed as a 45 so I almost didn't check it out until I did a double-take at it's squished up little shape! :faint:

:woohoo:Aww I'm so glad you found it after years of searching! It was meant to be....Mine is a 45! I've never seen a 35 which awesome as an everyday bag.

I'm just like you, I'll track it till the bitter end and then wait outside around the time my mail man comes:lol:

Please when you get will you post mod pics I'd love to see how it looks being carried