Travel Two weeks in July-where should we go?

Where should we go in July?

• India

• Burma

• Vietnam

• Malaysia

• Budapest and Romania

• Colombia

Results are only viewable after voting.

cakegirl

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
DH and I are taking a 2 week vacation in July. We have narrowed down our choices to 6 places we are considering. We have traveled a fair amount and want to go somewhere new this summer. If anyone has any feedback, suggestions or any help please let me know!

I know nothing about Romania and Budapest other than the scenery looks gorgeous and I want to go there so that's what I voted for!!! Looks like you've got some awesome choices.

I voted for he European one based on weather alone. Perhaps India and Burma can be saved for a January sometime?
The weather is an issue-India would probably be my first choice otherwise. I am more excited about all of the Asian destinations, but the weather is an issue for all of them!:tdown:

I wouln't really go to any Asian countries in July. So that leavs Budapest and Romania. I say, it all depends on what your gonna do there but two weeks is a long time. Have you ever been to Vienna and/or Bratislava? There's a boat that goes on the river from Budapest to Vienna if you want to spend some days in those places too. Vienna is very beautiful.

Some friends recently went to Burma, and now I am dying to go. If you have the opportunity, who cares about the weather?? You can survive two weeks! Burma is apparently very untouched, no chain stores, no ATMs, so maybe logistically more involved but a wholly different experience.

Some friends recently went to Burma, and now I am dying to go. If you have the opportunity, who cares about the weather?? You can survive two weeks! Burma is apparently very untouched, no chain stores, no ATMs, so maybe logistically more involved but a wholly different experience.
I think Burma is our first choice right now (and if we can't arrange that, Vietnam). It is getting more and more popular, so we really want to go now. I live in a hot climate, the heat doesn't bother me and I've been to SE Asia in the summer before.

I would love to go to India but the nature preserves are all closed in the summer and I would want to include that. We plan to go to all of the countries eventually!

I voted Malaysia, but wasn't thinking of weather. We did Langkawi (about a week) a few years ago as a side trip from a longer stay in Singapore, and it is still one of our favorite vacation memories. SO and I still talk about it and are wanting to go back someday.

Can't wait to hear where you end up going! :flowers:

Malaysia actually has pretty good weather in July! We had to give up on India and Burma-too many thing we want to do close that time of year.
There are so many places I want to see I am having trouble deciding. And DH keeps adding new places to the list-China, Croatia...

You could do a multi-country tour, say starting in Southern China (Shanghai) to Hong Kong to Malaysia to Vietnam. Don't know if that's too many countries for you for the time period you have set aside for your vacation but just a thought...