Two things to celebrate; two little cuties; Eva and Alma BB

momtok

Daughter & Tim Gunn
O.G.
Aug 21, 2009
Two little cuties ...

I finally fell to azur ... hopefully that's not a bad thing. It's soooo pretty :love:, and I've wanted something in that pattern for years, but couldn't get past the fear of a "white bag". Even the vachetta doesn't scare me, as badly as the idea of a "white bag". My other canvas bags have always wiped off and cleaned up so well though, I finally convinced myself not to worry. (I keep reminding myself that I don't wear jeans that often, and I intend to be *very* careful with anything that could color transfer.) But I finally talked myself out of my worries, so here we go ... we recently picked up the Azur Eva for my Mother's Day gift.

Shortcut pic from my album ...
picture.php

........ And while we were at the boutique, daughter got something too. I'd mentioned a couple months ago, on a different thread, that she was testing for third-degree blackbelt in Chinese kung fu soon (this is mostly a follow-up to that). Well she did, and she passed. :yahoo: :yahoo: It was a three and half hour test, covering everything she's learned for the last 6.5 years; plus fifteen minutes of non-stop sparring with a pack of other blackbelts trying to beat her up; plus a four-station break (breaking four, 3/4-inch-thick wooden boards with punches and kicks, two boards of which were the size they normally give adults to break). And she did it. Amen.

She's now the only third-degree currently at the school, outranking all other students (ie. anyone who isn't a full-fledged teacher), including all of the adult students too.

What she really wanted, as her congratulatory gift, was the Alma BB in DE, and hubby and I said yes. In our opinion, she's more than earned it. (In all honesty, hubby and I had already agreed with each other that we'd get it for her even if she didn't pass, because we see firsthand, every day, how hard she's worked for this. She takes 4 classes of her own each week, helps to teach *8*, takes 2 private lessons, *gives* 2 private lessons, performs on demo team, is the only student who competes regularly in the regional tournaments, and carries straight A's in school -- advanced classes -- throughout it all. The perseverance she's learned in martial arts, has translated beautifully into her schoolwork. And she is *so* proud of her heritage, which was our ultimate goal from the very beginning. ... She was adopted, and more than anything, we want her proud of who she is.)

picture.php

Ironically, with all the kung fu classes she helps to teach, she could have purchased this bag herself, twice over this last year. --- That is, *if* she were legally old enough to get paid. Her primary trainer keeps telling us that he considers her to be better at teaching than some of their "official" teachers. Unfortunately, she's legally too young for that label, especially since the school has a daycare associated with it, and that adds extra age restrictions.

The strap is a little long for her. She's always been petite for her age ... on American pediatric growth charts she clings to the 3% line. But she has a smaller strap she can use when she takes it to dinner/shopping/shows with us. And you see that green trim on her uniform? That means the world around here ... that's third-degree. :love:

But anyway, so she got what she wanted. :smile: Picked it out herself. We were there at an off-hour during a weekday, so all of the SA's were free, and they loved watching her pick it out. (And yes, they knew why she was getting it -- they loved watching it almost as much as hubby and I did.)

(And no, no one panic please. ;) Her college accounts are all nice and healthy, and she puts all of her holiday money from relatives, into an account from which she'll easily buy her first car. Now *that's* what really scares me ... the driving.)

Last edited:
Omg she grew so much taller ! I remember when you first posted her, she was posing for the pochette. I think was the cherry blossom pochette. She is so much taller now and still looks very adorable, I must say congrats to her achievements !

That's beautiful! Congratulations...you should be very proud!!! She's a lovely young lady. Both of your bags are gorgeous! I'm getting the Eva DA for Mother's Day also, and like you have avoided DA but think I'm think finally ready!!!

Two little cuties ...

I finally fell to azur ... hopefully that's not a bad thing. It's soooo pretty :love:, and I've wanted something in that pattern for years, but couldn't get past the fear of a "white bag". Even the vachetta doesn't scare me, as badly as the idea of a "white bag". My other canvas bags have always wiped off and cleaned up so well though, I finally convinced myself not to worry. (I keep reminding myself that I don't wear jeans that often, and I intend to be *very* careful with anything that could color transfer.) But I finally talked myself out of my worries, so here we go ... we recently picked up the Azur Eva for my Mother's Day gift.

Shortcut pic from my album ...
picture.php

........ And while we were at the boutique, daughter got something too. I'd mentioned a couple months ago, on a different thread, that she was testing for third-degree blackbelt in Chinese kung fu soon (this is mostly a follow-up to that). Well she did, and she passed. :yahoo: :yahoo: It was a three and half hour test, covering everything she's learned for the last 6.5 years; plus fifteen minutes of non-stop sparring with a pack of other blackbelts trying to beat her up; plus a four-station break (breaking four, 3/4-inch-thick wooden boards with punches and kicks, two boards of which were the size they normally give adults to break). And she did it. Amen.

She's now the only third-degree currently at the school, outranking all other students (ie. anyone who isn't a full-fledged teacher), including all of the adult students too.

What she really wanted, as her congratulatory gift, was the Alma BB in DE, and hubby and I said yes. In our opinion, she's more than earned it. (In all honesty, hubby and I had already agreed with each other that we'd get it for her even if she didn't pass, because we see firsthand, every day, how hard she's worked for this. She takes 4 classes of her own each week, helps to teach *8*, takes 2 private lessons, *gives* 2 private lessons, performs on demo team, is the only student who competes regularly in the regional tournaments, and carries straight A's in school -- advanced classes -- throughout it all. The perseverance she's learned in martial arts, has translated beautifully into her schoolwork. And she is *so* proud of her heritage, which was our ultimate goal from the very beginning. ... She was adopted, and more than anything, we want her proud of who she is.)

picture.php

Ironically, with all the kung fu classes she helps to teach, she could have purchased this bag herself, twice over this last year. --- That is, *if* she were legally old enough to get paid. Her primary trainer keeps telling us that he considers her to be better at teaching than some of their "official" teachers. Unfortunately, she's legally too young for that label, especially since the school has a daycare associated with it, and that adds extra age restrictions.

The strap is a little long for her. She's always been petite for her age ... on American pediatric growth charts she clings to the 3% line. But she has a smaller strap she can use when she takes it to dinner/shopping/shows with us. And you see that green trim on her uniform? That means the world around here ... that's third-degree. :love:

But anyway, so she got what she wanted. :smile: Picked it out herself. We were there at an off-hour during a weekday, so all of the SA's were free, and they loved watching her pick it out. (And yes, they knew why she was getting it -- they loved watching it almost as much as hubby and I did.)

(And no, no one panic please. ;) Her college accounts are all nice and healthy, and she puts all of her holiday money from relatives, into an account from which she'll easily buy her first car. Now *that's* what really scares me ... the driving.)

Your daughter looks so adorable with her BB! Congrats to both of you!