Two pet dogs Murdered

Roo said:
My nephew has a pitbull he rescued from a shelter and she is the sweetest dog ever. She is afraid of our 6 lb terrier!

:yes: I had my oldest APBT and a Pomapoo (pomerian and poodle mix) at the same time. I ended up having to give the 5 pound pomapoo to a friend because he was attacking my APBT (and he still has the scratches on his neck to prove it). Not once did my Pit Bull ever react in an aggressive way - in fact he always rolled onto his back in submission.

There was a story on the news last night in Philly/NJ about a person who pulled their car into a parking lot and dumped out a massive amount of french fries. The person waited until a flock of seagulls started eating, and then drove the car over the flock-killing 35 of them!

The town officials are working hard to track that person down for the same reason-a cold, systematic & planned killing.

I just don't understand how people can be so darn creepy.

The hanging story is a very good lesson as to why you should never leave your dogs outside unattended. You just don't know what could happen to them, even in your own back yard.

jillybean307 said:
The hanging story is a very good lesson as to why you should never leave your dogs outside unattended. You just don't know what could happen to them, even in your own back yard.

Sad but true. :sad: I find myself constantly checking on my boys through the windows or standing out there with them.

jillybean307 said:
There was a story on the news last night in Philly/NJ about a person who pulled their car into a parking lot and dumped out a massive amount of french fries. The person waited until a flock of seagulls started eating, and then drove the car over the flock-killing 35 of them!

The town officials are working hard to track that person down for the same reason-a cold, systematic & planned killing.

I just don't understand how people can be so darn creepy.

I just can't fathom these levels of callous cruelty. It's just sick, sick, sick.

I worry all the time about my kitties getting out. Mainly b/c they are very shy and I'm afraid we'd have a hard time finding them if they wandered off. But I'm becoming increasingly afraid of these psycho killers.

Roo said:
If this is the story from the Seattle area, then the two dogs were pitbulls. I heard on the news that they had been threatening towards children in the neighborhood and there had been complaints. However, that DOES NOT make killing them in such a brutal fashion Ok. I might also add that many cities in this area have ordinances banning pitbulls or pitbull hybrids.

If the dogs were suspected to be vicious or mistreated (which most vicious dogs are) someone in the neighborhood should have reported the owner, not punished the poor dogs. There's a shelter here that has almost nothing but PBs, and they've hired a professional "reconditioner," to get these mistreated, fearful, and defensive dogs back to some semblance of normalcy so that a loving family can adopt them. The person who did this is surely ill or demented, and used a neighborhood gossip mill to justify cruelty.

ETA -
I just read the article and they were only puppies! 1 year and 10 months old! I'm about ready to cry now, who could do this? :crybaby: :rant:

LisaG719 said:
Pit Bulls used to be american icons.....foreign royalty used to use them to baby sit their children....they fought in wars...the first dog to get a purple heart was a Pit Bull....there is HISTORY with this breed that is simply not accounted for just because some shady people decided to use them inappropriately.
I live in a province that has created a law banning the breed:censor::censor::censor:
If that happened to my dogs, I think that would be the last thing that guy ever did normally . And I would not lose a minute of sleep over it.

that is sick. if someone can do that to an animal, imagine what they can do to a human. I never leave my animals out in the yard when I'm not home. and when I am, they have access to indoors. I just don't trust people. And I live in an affluent neighborhood. It just doesn't matter. this person is sick beyond description.

Actually when I was living in Calgary, Alberta some skid hung an elderly ladies beloved cat on her porch, killing it. People were outraged that he didn't get any punishment. A major city paper ran the story on the front page with a huge photo of the guy.

He tried to sue the paper for endangering him and slander after he got beat up. Too bad so sad. I love the wild west...........

Shyloo said:
I live in a province that has created a law banning the breed:censor::censor::censor:
If that happened to my dogs, I think that would be the last thing that guy ever did normally . And I would not lose a minute of sleep over it.

My dad lives in Cicero, IL and APBTs are banned there as well. It bothers me when towns do that sort of thing as it isnt helping anything.

^^^that seems completely unfair. One of my good friends has a rottweiler (another breed that faces a lot of prejudice) and his dog is the sweetest, calmest boy in the world. Meanwhile, he also has a gorgeous female german shepard who can be a little psycho (she doesn't like to be hugged, and once bit his ear b/c of it!)

Banning breeds is just ridiculous. It's the illegal and CRUEL practice of dog fighting that needs to be banned.

Omg! How can someone do that? That :censor: should wish that I'm not the one to find him.

I thought it was bad here in Germany but that didn't even happen over here. A man spit in my face, my first dog was kicked (tried to catch that :censor: ) in the head and I was threatend but I don't know what I would do if someone did that to one of my pets.

Shyloo said:

I'm with you. Sig Sauer 229, with new custom grips, close range head shot, send the guy to his next life.