two of the same?

daluu

Oct 20, 2007
recently, my s.a. sent me a picture of the dark bramble sloane and told me (i haven't seen it irl yet) that it looks "shockingly similar" to the scala color which i had searched high and low for before buying my ferro sloane. now i'm wondering, is it UNWISE to buy the same style bag even though they are 2 different colors? any thoughts on this?

A lot of folks here own the same style bag in multiple colors. Are you more attracted to the color or the bag style?

I'm not familiar with a Dark Bramble Sloane. As far as I know, the Sloane came in either Bramble or Dark Truffle this season. I've attached pictures below from previous posts. Which one was your SA referring to?

Perhaps the latter if she was thinking Scala? Scala is lighter than Dark Truffle though with more reddish/pink/purple undertones. FYI, they also have the Roma and the new Pyramid bag in Dark Truffle.

Bramble Sloane (c/o doloresmia)
attachment.php

Dark Truffle Sloane (c/o NewBVFan)

attachment.php

** Thanks, jburgh... it's working! :biggrin: **

Ummm, I have eight Montaignes in different colours so I think I know what my answer to your question is going to be!

BookerMoose, if I have a money tree that grows actual money in 500 USD notes, I will want to have more Montaignes in different colors too.. :graucho: and Sloanes in different colors and cabat in differnt colors and not to mention Venetas :P

I guess I have answered the question too :biggrin:

Since Bottega has different styles (very different from each other) in the same signature Intrecciato leather, it is understandable that once we find the style (s)that we like the most we tend to buy it/them in different colors.
Have you seen BookerMoose montaigne mountain? :smile:

BookerMoose, if I have a money tree that grows actual money in 500 USD notes, I will want to have more Montaignes in different colors too.. :graucho: and Sloanes in different colors and cabat in differnt colors and not to mention Venetas :P

I guess I have answered the question too :biggrin:

I think these 2 posts sum it up.:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::true::true::true:

I'm confused! I thought that Daluu's SA was talking dark bramble - not dark truffle... to my eye, dark bramble is more red (like scala) and dark truffle is more brown (see p. 40 of the F/W catalog). Perhaps both have the purple undertone... I have not seen the darks IRL.

And yes, I, too, am guilty of repeating the same bag in different colors.

Last edited:
It's not unusual at all for people to have multiple colors of the same style. The Chicago BV store manager says one of his customers has the Veneta in several colors--she tries other bags but always goes back to the Veneta.

When i really like a style, i tend to get it in another colour. I also tend to sell it later to but something different, but i think it'd be totally justifiable to own two different coloured bags in the same style.
This tactic is also very good to confuse your SO, since the male brain is unable to process colours in the same style and would therefore consider they were just one bag.

Just go have a look in the Hermès thread. There are many posters who have many more than one color of the same bag (well, leather may vary a bit sometimes).

I can see myself buying Birkins and Cabats over and over in different colors. to me these are the 2 perfect bags (I might let a Kelly bag get in this select group... )

I am sure if you go the Chanel thread, you will see the same phenomena... I guess for some it must be a different style each time, for others when thy find the style they love, they tend to stick with it.