Two new wallets!

Charmosa

Nov 23, 2008
Hi ladies,
I went to Cabazon last week and came away with two wallets! :yahoo:I couldn't decide between the two so bought them both. DH wasn't too pleased (more bc we are from Canada and had to get them through customs....doh!!). :graucho: I made the excuse that I couldn't decide which one so would sell the other on ebay once I decide...lol! I really wanted a gaufre (wallet or tote), which I was pretty sure they wouldn't have but a girl can always hope right!!

The wallets were about $300 each. One was a bit cheaper than the other but I can't remember which (I think it was only about a $5 or so difference).

So far I'm using the black one which I really like but my one complaint is my credit cards don't seem to fit properly in the slots. It's like they are too big or something so they are a bit difficult to get in/out. The bill slot is definitely designed for euros which is ok but again, alittle awkward.

Overall the selection was decent. There was a fairly good selection of wallets, bags and shoes. Most were roughly 30% off so pretty much what you would find on sale. There were a few vitello's but I actually couldn't find a price tag on it and I was pretty focused on wallets anyways.

Is the quality the same at the outlets as the stores? Or are the outlet stuff second runs? Do the gaufre's (wallets and handbags) ever go on sale? I might actually part with the Ibisco (pink continental) for a gaufre wallet!!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• P1010048-1.jpg
    P1010048-1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 285
I bought the Prada saffiano square zipped wallet in burgundy, same shape as the black one you have just bought and although I loved the wallet I found the same thing happened re: the credit cards. The inner leather card pockets were so tight it was a struggle to get my credit cards in and out them.

Also be careful not to put too much change into the zipped coin compartment. After a while the leather cracked on mine due to the bulge of loose change. It was a very thin hairline crack but it was still annoying. I wanted to take it back to the Prada store where I bought it, but as that was in Venice and I don't live in Italy, I never managed to, so just kept using it.

I must say I like the look of your pink wallet. I never buy pink clothes or accessories but I do like a strong shade of pink and your purchase makes me think that a pink wallet would be a nice splash of colour without going overboard with the colour. Dark pink looks wonderful with black, grey and navy. So you've given me food for thought...

Enjoy your new purchases!

Same problem here with the credit card slots, so I jammed 2 cards into each slot and over a little time they eased. Also a little talc helps too, but only the tiniest bit, just to take any residual moisture off the sides of the cards. The more you take the cards in and out the easier it gets. So you can see that the solution is to use your cards more often. That's what I told my DH, who just rolled his eyes and sighed. :graucho:

Same problem here with the credit card slots, so I jammed 2 cards into each slot and over a little time they eased. Also a little talc helps too, but only the tiniest bit, just to take any residual moisture off the sides of the cards. The more you take the cards in and out the easier it gets. So you can see that the solution is to use your cards more often. That's what I told my DH, who just rolled his eyes and sighed. :graucho:

I like your thinking...

Hi ladies,
I went to Cabazon last week and came away with two wallets! :yahoo:I couldn't decide between the two so bought them both. DH wasn't too pleased (more bc we are from Canada and had to get them through customs....doh!!). :graucho: I made the excuse that I couldn't decide which one so would sell the other on ebay once I decide...lol! I really wanted a gaufre (wallet or tote), which I was pretty sure they wouldn't have but a girl can always hope right!!

The wallets were about $300 each. One was a bit cheaper than the other but I can't remember which (I think it was only about a $5 or so difference).

So far I'm using the black one which I really like but my one complaint is my credit cards don't seem to fit properly in the slots. It's like they are too big or something so they are a bit difficult to get in/out. The bill slot is definitely designed for euros which is ok but again, alittle awkward.

Overall the selection was decent. There was a fairly good selection of wallets, bags and shoes. Most were roughly 30% off so pretty much what you would find on sale. There were a few vitello's but I actually couldn't find a price tag on it and I was pretty focused on wallets anyways.

Is the quality the same at the outlets as the stores? Or are the outlet stuff second runs? Do the gaufre's (wallets and handbags) ever go on sale? I might actually part with the Ibisco (pink continental) for a gaufre wallet!!

Enjoy!

I have been using a gaufre nappa zip around long wallet for two years and still loving it very much !! ever thought of buying one to keep just in case I can't find it anymore hahaha you

PS : Don't remember having problem with the credit card slots.

Though I just bought a new Christain Dior wallet and Bottega Veneta zip around long wallet ...but still can't bear to stop using gaufre wallet !! Thought of selling away my CD and BV wallets !! Nothing can replace gaufre wallet at least for me !! hehehe You will never regret !!
:yahoo:

I love both the wallets. I would keep the pink one if you can afford to. It will be lovely to carry in the warm weather and add such a nice splash of color to a neutral bag.

Thanks ladies!!!

I actually find the issue with the cards is the slots are too big - like too deep and wide so the cards get buried while I'm trying to dig them out. Maybe european credit cards are bigger???

I think I will just keep them both and make the call if/when I come across a gaufre.

hsensi - good point about the summer!!
missfiggy - I think your thinking! :graucho:
summer1308 - I've seen the zip arounds but was wondering if it would be too cumbersome with the extra zipper?
poojles - good point. I love how we spend hundreds of dollars on designer stuff and it breaks down too!!:oh: I find the change compartment pretty big though but won't let it get too full.

Nice wallets! I especially love the pink one. I also have a problem with the size of the credit cards slot and it actually damaged the magnet on the back of my cards. So I usually just get plastic protector for my cards from my bank and put the cards on the very back slots (the long ones).