Two lovely surprise gifts yet I can only choose one.

Mar 27, 2009
My mum surprised me upon my arrival in NJ with a choice between two gifts ( however I am trying to get both).
One is a Cartier steel watch. It is worth less money than the other item but would be more practical. I am starting a new job where cell phones are not to be used at any time and yet I will need something to keep an eye on the time. Plus I wear a lot of silver so this watch goes well with my other white metals.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407379294.634403.jpg
Then there is a beautiful gold bangle. It has diamonds on one side so I can flip it to have no diamonds if I choose. My mother has two of these bracelets; the white gold is being given to my sister so I can have the gold one if I want it. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407379527.964399.jpg
I can only have one. I would get the other one eventually but who knows when.
The practical side of me says get the watch.
The sentimental side of me says get the sister bangle.
Thoughts?

My mum surprised me upon my arrival in NJ with a choice between two gifts ( however I am trying to get both).
One is a Cartier steel watch. It is worth less money than the other item but would be more practical. I am starting a new job where cell phones are not to be used at any time and yet I will need something to keep an eye on the time. Plus I wear a lot of silver so this watch goes well with my other white metals.
View attachment 2710497
Then there is a beautiful gold bangle. It has diamonds on one side so I can flip it to have no diamonds if I choose. My mother has two of these bracelets; the white gold is being given to my sister so I can have the gold one if I want it. View attachment 2710500
I can only have one. I would get the other one eventually but who knows when.
The practical side of me says get the watch.
The sentimental side of me says get the sister bangle.
Thoughts?
They both seem like different styles items to me. Do both of these items fit into your style? Do they match well with your other jewelry? Do you mind mixing and matching jewelry tones? I think for me that would be the main deciding factor. You could always get another watch or bangle, so deciding if it meshs well with my other pieces/style would be my priority.

FYI I'm more partial to the bangle because I tend to favor gold, but both are beautiful pieces in and of themselves. :smile:

Bangle, without question. Cartier will still have the watch when you are ready to purchase, and there are plenty of less expensive timepieces out there in the meantime.

Oh and I forgot to mention; my sister just has her first baby on august 1st. I flew out to nj for 2 weeks to help. So that is why my mum is giving her the white gold version of my gold bangle. I feel like it adds more significance to the gold bangle but maybe that's just me.

Oh and I forgot to mention; my sister just has her first baby on august 1st. I flew out to nj for 2 weeks to help. So that is why my mum is giving her the white gold version of my gold bangle. I feel like it adds more significance to the gold bangle but maybe that's just me.

Sounds like you know what you want... You want the bAngle 😉

Both are beautiful! But I think that the bangle is gorgeous and has great sentimental value!

Since you may not want more than 1 watch in your jewelry collection, I'd recommend that you consider few different watches and take your time to decide on a watch