Two extremes -

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Rebecca Minkoff Mini Nikki hobo @ $400 (affordable) or Yves Saint Laurent Roadie hobo @ $1700 and wait until it goes on sale. The mini Nikki has more bling all around it but looks amazing from a profile, when wearing it and the YSL is very understated and VERY expensive. As far as quality, believe it or not, I can't tell the difference.

Opinions please!:biggrin:

I love both RM and YSL so I'm not biased but if I were you, I'd go for the YSL if you can afford it. I LOVE the Nikki but man, the chain detailing on the YSL is GORGEOUS. I find black hobo bags pretty dull (and I don't think I'd ever get a RM in black, her colors are one of her major strengths to me) but I find the YSL so sexy and understated. It's like a woman who dresses so chic that it looks completely effortless.

Either way though, you're going to have an awesome bag!

I would also choose the YSL. RM has had quite a few problems with quality control (only from having read the forums - not that I have one) so I'd be a bit concerned about that. Also, I honestly believe the YSL will last longer. Having bought quite a few mid-priced bags over the years, I find generally they don't last as long as the premium designers. I know I am bound to come into some criticism for saying this but it's just been my own personal experience.

I say the RM nikki. The YSL bag is beautiful, but very similar and because you love nikki, go for the one that is more affordable. RM has great leather and fun details.

If you're looking for a bag that'll last, go for the YSL, I think. I think YSL's quality is definitely superior to RM's, and it looks like a more elegant bag than the Mini Nikki too. The YSL would be more worth the wait for a sale than the RM, IMHO.

BgaHolic! You're making me think girl! At 10.49PM you're making me think hard! LOL I love RMs... but I have to say, wait for YSL until you can afford it. It may go on sale. Besides, it's not an "it" bag so you don't have to worry about wearing an off season bag... If you can wait, save up and go for the YSL! Goodluck!

Ok. Thank you everyone! I get the point! I never owned a Rebecca Minkoff and thought the mini Nikki would make a great every day bag however, when investing in a piece such as the YSL, it's going to have to be black. I wish I could down load the photo, but I am spaz! It's the simple hobo with the snap closure and the strap is held by two hooks and a rolled strap.

My last purchase was a chocolate brown Rive Gauche, which I have been wearing nearly every day. Every so often I switch it with my white Francesco Biasa, just to break things up a little for the summer. So.... I guess my decision is made. The consensus wants me to own another YSL. As soon as that baby is reduced a little bit I will try and post pics! Thanks everyone!!!!!:okay:

Ok. Thank you everyone! I get the point! I never owned a Rebecca Minkoff and thought the mini Nikki would make a great every day bag however, when investing in a piece such as the YSL, it's going to have to be black. I wish I could down load the photo, but I am spaz! It's the simple hobo with the snap closure and the strap is held by two hooks and a rolled strap.

My last purchase was a chocolate brown Rive Gauche, which I have been wearing nearly every day. Every so often I switch it with my white Francesco Biasa, just to break things up a little for the summer. So.... I guess my decision is made. The consensus wants me to own another YSL. As soon as that baby is reduced a little bit I will try and post pics! Thanks everyone!!!!!:okay:

Great choice!

A black bag from YSL never ever gets reduced so it looks like I'm going to have to save, save, save! Can't wait to see that baby! I love the excitement in the anticipation almost as much as I do getting the bag! ;)