Two Eva questions

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
Hello lovelies....

I'm planning on getting the Eva in Azur. I have 2 questions for you:

1) Would you wear this only with the gold chain over the shoulder, even for casual attire?

2) Would you wear this in the fall/winter?

I love this bag, it's so pretty and fresh but the chain is way too long on me.
Plus I found the hard way that I should stay away from vachetta during the summer, since I am a sunblock fanatic and had almost ruined my speedy handles with it (thank goodness for baby wipes!)

I would wear it casually like this but just wondering how everyone else feels.

I know the "Will you wear azur in winter" question has been asked already, but I wanted to find out specifically about the eva in azur. Do you think it's truly just a spring/summer accessory?

Thanks a bunches!

I'm a guy and can't ever see myself rocking an Eva, but I just wanted to say that I really think that azur looks good all year round. Those who don't wear it in winter.... well, that's a personal preference, but I think if you want to wear it all year round, why not? I certainly wouldn't let that put me off buying an item. In fact, I want to buy something in azur - probably a cles or a key holder, possibly a belt - and I certainly won't be limiting my use of it to spring/summer.

1) Would you wear this only with the gold chain over the shoulder, even for casual attire?
Nope. I find the gold chain too 'flimsy' for me. It's really uncomfortable for me to have such a tiny thing right underneath my arms. I've never carried my eva in that way.. I feel too silly. :Push:

Definitely. Especially since it's such a small piece, I think it doesn't matter. If it were an Azur speedy or NF, I might be giving it doubts.

Thanks Boyoverboard and Glamourdoll.

BoyOver...i am dying for an azur piece too!..i've gone from speedy to Eva, to a milla, mini pochette.

Glamour...I guess I better make sure it is comfortable on me as well. I've always been concerned with trying the strap on that I've forgotten what the gold chain feels like.
I do wear the regular pochette a lot on my shoulder, so I will probably be ok with it.

1. Yes I would wear it with the chain - but I typically prefer the long strap (fits perfectly on me!).
2. No, I would not cause it is too wet here in the winter. But I think if you live where the weather is more mild, I would. I really love seeing others in their think wool coats with the azur, so it would depend.
GL!

Iv bought an azur EVA for the summer, I wear the long strap but on the shoulder not crossbody. Because I have it stuffed (I'm used to bigger bags as I hoard a lot with me!) the chain is of no use because it's too bulky to sit under my arm comfortably! I would use it as a wristlet if I went out to a formal dinner.

It's too wet in the UK to wear the EVA in my opinion, plus I carry more in the winter, hat scarf gloves umbrella etc and it wwouldnt be practical for me personally!

i have the eva in azur, also in mono and damier...yes, i have worn it with the chain, but not often, but it works well, i just mostly like it cross body / no , i would not wear azur in winter, but thats just me...however, i could see it with a gorgeous winter white coat, that would be killer:smile:

Thanks PrincessKara, Princess Saf (i'm being honored by royalty, cool!), I really appreciate it..
ConnieC...wow, you have the Eva collection, awesome! Thanks for your thoughts too.

Yes. I love gold chains. Looks elegant when worn with black or plain clothes. I don't like that crossbody leather strap at all because it is too long for me and makes the Eva look less elegant. I often use the Eva as a clutch also. I like the gold chain hanging.

If I like it yes. I do not match my stuff according to the seasons. I wear what I like and what matches the occasion I go to.

I'm planning on getting the Eva in Azur. I have 2 questions for you:

1. Absolutely, I love small pochette-y bags.

2. Absolutely, azur can't be tamed. :graucho:

I was actually debating between the azur eva, and the azur galliera !

1) Yes... the chain doesn't make it dressy, I think your clothes make an outfit dressy or casual, not necessarily a purse

2) Yes... azur against a winter white coat - TDF!!

GL deciding!!

Thank you Peachy Pink, Fettfleck, Ayla and Slang! We are all on the same wavelengths here :biggrin: It's nice to know I'm not alone in my thoughts :biggrin:

Ayla, I can' believe you were deciding between the petite Eva and the Galliera! Your Galliera of course is so gorgy. But you can still get the Eva too hehehe....

I'm getting excited now! I have been so indecisive about what bag to get next and now it looks like the Eva will be in my hands soon. Have to wait next month till I can get to a boutique though...hopefully the August releases will not be too distracting :biggrin:

Last edited:
I think that especially now in the summer the shorter way is so convenient. But I like to wear it both ways equally.

I wouldn't wear azur during winter time. Call me crazy but I think azur suits better for summer weather :P ;)

Good luck with your decision! :smile: Eva (in any style) is a great choice!

To answer your questions: I have a Damier Eva and I wouldn't use the chain option for casual - I guess it may depend though what you define as "casual" - if you mean say jeans and a nice top ("smart" casual) for the movies it would most probably be ok, going grocery shopping and wandering around the mall - not really. As far as your question about the fall/winter - I say no again (sorry!).....I have an Azur Speedy and have tried to use it in winter, just doesn't look right IMO. And if you are using your Eva (with a chain), it will be slightly too bulky with a winter coat/jersey.