Two Celine box medium in box calfskin show different leather

ItsXtina

O.G.
Apr 16, 2010
Hi Celine box owners,

I bought a Celine box Medium in box calfskin in camel 2 weeks ago from fashionphile. I liked the box so much and I ended up buying same bag in red from Celine.com. I received the bag today and I compared the two. I was very shocked how both bags are in box calfskin but shown different texture. I am confused thinking if am getting a fake bag? The red one from Celine.com is a lot smoother than the one from fashionphile. Also it feels less durable. The one from fashionphile is a lot firmer and have some lines or waves on the leather. It’s a lot shinier as well. I wish someone can give me some ideas on this Or if anyone experienced this before.

thank you so much!

3DBB171B-3B14-4D93-8534-41624A614440.jpeg

F57B2C50-E831-407A-BDE8-60997E0BA514.jpeg

7CE07BE9-FE42-4306-BD30-3CD782FC5A5A.jpeg

hi ladies, this is what I have been looking for recently !!!

i have opposite experience here ... those celine boxes i saw in shop have deep lines even on the calfskin ... and yes, it looks like liege leather but the lines are less deep.

however, the one i have is more like your red one and it was bought from a trustable local seller. so, i went back to the seller and he explained diff batch will hv diff leather quality plus manufacturing in diff factories.

so, i searched online and compared many diff box photos and noticed some have lines on the leather while some are less obvious.

Reactions: spiderlily89
Here is a close up photo of my Celine box leather if it helps. Its got a lot of lines. Its from early 2018 (old logo).

I think the different batches of leather may explain why some people say their Celine classics in box leather don't scratch much and others say its super delicate.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: gorbezi
thank you for the pic ... the lines on my bag are a bit less obvious than urs.
the bags i saw in boutique recently have more deep lines ... it feels like you can use fingernails to scratch to make sound :smile:

attached my box in new logo manufactured in early 2019

Attachments

• IMG_2388_.jpg
    IMG_2388_.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 82
thank you for the pic ... the lines on my bag are a bit less obvious than urs.
the bags i saw in boutique recently have more deep lines ... it feels like you can use fingernails to scratch to make sound :smile:

attached my box in new logo manufactured in early 2019

Oh yes I can see the difference. Mine was purchased in 2018 but I looked at the date stamp and looks like was actually made in 2017.

How is your bag in terms of scratch resistance? Does more lines = tougher leather I wonder?

Oh yes I can see the difference. Mine was purchased in 2018 but I looked at the date stamp and looks like was actually made in 2017.

How is your bag in terms of scratch resistance? Does more lines = tougher leather I wonder?

i just bought it this month and "trying" to use it normally ... :smile:

actually, the leather is tougher than i expected already ... i always think it is kind of very smooth leather type before i saw it in real.

how about yours ? do you use if often and if it is still in good shape / conditions ?

Yes it's pretty good! I have scratched in a few places with fingernails but if I just run my hand over it and rub it it seems to disappear and scratches can only be seen if I stare from very close up.

Enjoy your bag!