two black cities-HELP ME DECIDE!

Which bag to keep?

• The matte, smoother leather

• The more distressed leather

Results are only viewable after voting.

meimeow

Jul 13, 2007
Many of you probably read my other thread about "very black" leather. My plan was to go over to Nordstroms and pick the blackest city they had in stock, but I ended up buying two:sweatdrop:. I can't figure out which one has the "better" leather (I know this is completely subjective)..this is my first time buying a bbag and i'm not quite sure what to look for. Two questions:

1. Of the two bags which one do you prefer? Leatherwise?
-The first bag is nice and smooth to the touch but looks a little bit "plain"
-The second bag looks more interesting (more texture), but the leather is a little bit rougher

The first picture of the two together: The more matte and smoother leather is on the left and the more wrinkly/distressed looking one is on the right. The second picture is a closer look at the matte one and the third pic is of the more distressed bag.

2. Are the two of these considered "very black" in color? Should I hold off and wait for next seasons black city in hope that they'll be darker? How do the two bags' black color compare with the more "blacker" leathers that you've seen? How would you rate the bags' blackness?? lol

These pictures were taken at..2 AM w/ flash

Attachments

• Matte and wrinkly.JPG
    Matte and wrinkly.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 289
  • Matte.JPG
    Matte.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 247
  • Wrinkly.JPG
    Wrinkly.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
I prefer the matte one, 'cause I think distressed leather on black makes it seem not "black". If it was a lighter color, I'd have said "go for the distressed", but not in this case...

I prefer the shiny distressed one. I feel that one will be the one to break in and get more "smooshy". From my experience smooth bags don't become as wrinkly smooshy as the ones with distressing from the beginning.

Also remember that the shine will become matted over time. Either one is gorgeous!

I voted smooth.. to me, it looks more 'black' than the other one. I'd go with the one that's softer + less veiny, but that's me.
GL with your decision ;)

They look very black. I like smooth leather as much as wrinkly ones. For black I pick #2. It adds character & the leather looks like it would break in beautifully! GL in your decision!