two black cities-HELP ME DECIDE!

Which bag to keep?

• The matte, smoother leather

• The more distressed leather

Results are only viewable after voting.

meimeow

Jul 13, 2007
Many of you probably read my other thread about "very black" leather. My plan was to go over to Nordstroms and pick the blackest city they had in stock, but I ended up buying two:sweatdrop:. I can't figure out which one has the "better" leather (I know this is completely subjective)..this is my first time buying a bbag and i'm not quite sure what to look for. Two questions:

1. Of the two bags which one do you prefer? Leatherwise?
-The first bag is nice and smooth to the touch but looks a little bit "plain"
-The second bag looks more interesting (more texture), but the leather is a little bit rougher

The first picture of the two together: The more matte and smoother leather is on the left and the more wrinkly/distressed looking one is on the right. The second picture is a closer look at the matte one and the third pic is of the more distressed bag.

2. Are the two of these considered "very black" in color? Should I hold off and wait for next seasons black city in hope that they'll be darker? How do the two bags' black color compare with the more "blacker" leathers that you've seen? How would you rate the bags' blackness?? lol

These pictures were taken at..2 AM w/ flash

Attachments

Last edited:

LydiaT

Jan 4, 2007
Australia
Hi,

I'm totally not an expert but I like the look of number 2 (the more interesting one) better. It looks pretty to me!

danae

frou frou
O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
NYC
Both look "very black" :biggrin:
I'd go for the smoother one, in the pics it looks like it will break in to be very smooshy. HTHs!

Oct 24, 2005
UK
I like the look of #2 best - I generally prefer distressed leather on black bags. My black city is pretty distressed (although not very black) and I love it!

Vida from Milan

Gone Shopping...
Oct 20, 2007
Milan, Italy
I prefer the matte one, 'cause I think distressed leather on black makes it seem not "black". If it was a lighter color, I'd have said "go for the distressed", but not in this case...

lordguinny

O.G.
May 16, 2006
I prefer the shiny distressed one. I feel that one will be the one to break in and get more "smooshy". From my experience smooth bags don't become as wrinkly smooshy as the ones with distressing from the beginning.

Also remember that the shine will become matted over time. Either one is gorgeous!

monkyjib

Respect good taste
O.G.
Jul 31, 2007
I voted smooth.. to me, it looks more 'black' than the other one. I'd go with the one that's softer + less veiny, but that's me.
GL with your decision ;)

erica1451

is on a purse ban :(
Jul 29, 2006
NYC
I voted for the first one, the second one is too veiny for me. Good luck with your decision!

HandbagAngel

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 18, 2006
I like the matte, smoother one better. But they both are gorgeous! Are they both 2008 City?

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Personally, I would choose the first one -- I prefer my B-Bags to be smoother in leather. Tough choice though! They are both very nice!

pinkboudoir

♥
May 19, 2006
SUN-shine-y island
They look very black. I like smooth leather as much as wrinkly ones. For black I pick #2. It adds character & the leather looks like it would break in beautifully! GL in your decision!

H

hgnolte

I would probably choose #1,from the close up pic, and #2 from the pic of them together...no help, I know..