Two bags. Opinions, please?

1. Well, after my husband made two comments (in a three hour period) about my black microfiber hobo, I've decided to buy a new black bag. There's nothing really wrong with the hobo, but according to him, it's not as "cool" as my other bags. He likes the fact that I carry nice bags. :amuse: The trouble is that I'm not much of a black bag person. I was looking at Marc Jacobs ones, but I don't want to put a lot of money into a bag I know I won't wear that much. After lots of surfing, I found this Donald J. Pliner on the Bloomingdale's website:

[​IMG]

Is anyone familiar with this brand, or has seen this bag in person? It looks pretty nice, especially for the price - it's on sale for $229.00 dollars. I'm hoping it's long enough to sling over my shoulder because I'd prefer a shoulderbag. I'm not crazy about the way it wings out at the sides, but I can probably live with it.

During my search, I found this Antonio Melani bag at Dillard's. I've already got two or three brown handbags and certainly don't need another, but there's something about this one that I really like. Is anyone familiar with the brand? Thanks in advance! :amuse:

[​IMG]

2. Have no idea about what the Pliner is like IRL, but I have been eyeing that same black one, it's really cute! (I think we have the same taste, cause I have the Suzi in red! I think I like yours better!!!)

3. LOL! That's funny, because I almost returned my Suzi after seeing it in red and then blue, and liked those better. :lol:

I really like the quilted bag, and I looked at lots of black bags. If I get it I'll be sure to post pics. :amuse:

4. I like the top one. My husband doesn't like my Hermes Kelly-so I don't allow him much say in my bag purchases. I don't know a lot of his stuff and he is definitely not a handbag person.
    I do like it when he says he likes certain bags. I just ignore the ignorant comments.
    I asked him if he could name 5 designers once and he mentioned Hanes and Fruit of the Loom!

5. Hanes and Fruit of the Loom! I can't imagne what my husband would say if I asked him to name five designers. :lol:

My black hobo was actually a stop-gap purchase to begin with. I didn't have a hobo and wasn't sure if I'd like the style, so I picked up a nice, but inexpensive microfiber one just to see how I liked a bag with less structure. So now it's time to step up. :amuse:

6. I have a pair of Donald Pliner shoes (and actually met him when he was doing a promotion at Nordstroms) but I have no idea how the bags are. It's a cute bag, though.

7. Ooo the bottom one is funky. I like it! Although I'm unsure how useful those pockets (?) would be.

8. second one! i prefer structure :smile:

9. i encountered that very donald j pliner bag last weekend, the leather is EXTREMELY soft. for that price, i'd say it's quite a good buy.

10. if i have to choose..
    the second one!:amuse:

11. My iPod in one, and my cell phone in the other! I did wonder though, if it would eventually get on my nerves that one flap covers both pockets.

12. Bag #2 is very nice...I personally dunno about the first one.

13. Yay! That's exactly what I wanted to know. It looks so pretty in the picture that I didn't want to be disappointed. Thanks for the information! :amuse:

14. #2-It's great!:nuts:

15. I like the first one!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice