Two amazing finds!

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Hello ladies, I was speechless to find these two bags today. I was planning to return one but although they are very different I want both! What do you think,,,

Firstly the green sloane. I have read comments about the handle restricting access on this bag and I see the point, but will I get used to it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 526
Next the tote which I don't know the name of. Easy carry and amazing braided details. If anyone knows this please can you share details of this thick waxed leather?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 511
Wow! What a score! The bags serve different looks. I've been feeling the tote thing so if I could only keep one, I think I'd go with the tote. The Sloane is such a pretty hobo though. It's about a dressy a hobo there is which also makes it versatile, Gosh, it's a tough one! What is in your current collection? Do either fill a hole or duplicate something you already have?

Wow! What a score! The bags serve different looks. I've been feeling the tote thing so if I could only keep one, I think I'd go with the tote. The Sloane is such a pretty hobo though. It's about a dressy a hobo there is which also makes it versatile, Gosh, it's a tough one! What is in your current collection? Do either fill a hole or duplicate something you already have?
Hello, I have had thoughts similar too. I don't own much green but the access to the sloane concerns me slightly. I own plenty of black but the details on the bag are outstanding. I think I will definitely keep the black. It's a case of should I keep green too? It's a lovely green not shown well in my pic. I will take a pic in daylight today.

Hello, I have had thoughts similar too. I don't own much green but the access to the sloane concerns me slightly. I own plenty of black but the details on the bag are outstanding. I think I will definitely keep the black. It's a case of should I keep green too? It's a lovely green not shown well in my pic. I will take a pic in daylight today.

My new 'whateverit'scalled' (like the Cervo Hobo but woven) shares the same characteristic. Can I just say the positive is they tend to stay on your shoulder so much better, and that is such a plus point for a hobo

Thanks papertiger. Are you referring to the flat shoulder strap? Your hobo is divine

Thank you, it's living up to all my (high) expectations :P.

Yes, single, flat, shortish shoulder strap that can sometimes obscure looking for or fetching out something. On the hand that also means it's harder for others' 'wandering hands' to get into and living in a city I have to think about that. Love the colour of that Sloane too.

BTW, I think both your bags are marvellous finds, congratulations

Thank you, it's living up to all my (high) expectations :P.

Yes, single, flat, shortish shoulder strap that can sometimes obscure looking for or fetching out something. On the hand that also means it's harder for others' 'wandering hands' to get into and living in a city I have to think about that. Love the colour of that Sloane too.

BTW, I think both your bags are marvellous finds, congratulations
Oh yes I agree. Squashed in the London Underground is where I worry most. I want to put all my things in the sloane and see how it looks. Empty it has a different shape to some I have seen. That reminds me....going to take a pic in daylight

I too love the Sloane, it was the first BV bag I bought. I've never had a problem with it slipping off or fitting over the shoulder. Also, getting items out from the overlapping flaps has never bothered me.

What color green is that?

I too love the Sloane, it was the first BV bag I bought. I've never had a problem with it slipping off or fitting over the shoulder. Also, getting items out from the overlapping flaps has never bothered me.

What color green is that?
Thanks for your opinion. It looks like Irish but I will take a pic in daylight today and post later for expert opinion on colour. I will also put my wallet etc inside and pretend I am out Nd about and see how easy access is.