*TWISTED CHAIN ISSUE* on 17B Mini Flaps

I have the twisted chain issue, but it really doesn't bother me, in fact I didn't really even notice it until I read all the comments. I thought about returning it but I love the color (dark green, but looks almost teal) so I'm keeping it.

Reactions: Susimoo and fally
I love the current seasons caviar navy blue rectangular mini but my local boutique sold out. Now I found one reseller offer the same bag she bought from Europe but the price higher 5% than retail price.
She claimed the chain & leather of the mini is perfect. Should I get from her with higher price or should I wait for cruise collection? Tks

I love the current seasons caviar navy blue rectangular mini but my local boutique sold out. Now I found one reseller offer the same bag she bought from Europe but the price higher 5% than retail price.
She claimed the chain & leather of the mini is perfect. Should I get from her with higher price or should I wait for cruise collection? Tks

I would avoid minis this season if there is no return policy. that personal shopper prob will not allow returns . I would wait for cruise

I had the same issue with my chain twisting as well. I thought I was a defect but I didn't want to return it because minis are so hard to come by. I eventually did and just chanced on waiting for another bc the sides of the flaps weren't even as well.

Reactions: StarBrite310
No, I was given the bag assuming it had no defects. I would never buy a defected bag on purpose. Especially not for my wife.

Yes I live in Holland, dutch citizens have no right on tax refunds within the EU. The only reason I can think of why she got a tax refund is because she is a Chinese.

I assume she send it in at the Chanel store in Amsterdam, as there aren't any other Chanel stores in Holland besides that single one.

I will ask her when and where she bought the bag and update you.
Hi @ChanelHusband. Any updates to share with us? I hope everything worked out!

Hi @ChanelHusband. Any updates to share with us? I hope everything worked out!

Hi there!

Well, the first time she didn't send in the repair, she had some lame excuses...

So in the end I went with her to the Chanel store to make sure it was send for repairs. It is now send in for repair and I need to wait till its back. Should take about 4-6 weeks for the repair to be done. Chanel wrote me a note with the bag number, I assume it's the repair note.

I pointed out to the reseller that the bag might be fake. If the bag is not fixed by Chanel, this is 100% fake. And I would get a full refund. > she is being a stubborn one with returns...even though the bag has defects.

If the bag is fixed by Chanel... It would mean that the bag is real and I cannot return it to her for free but for a fee. > but if it's real I guess I have no reason to return it :/

It's been about a week now, so I will be waiting another 5 weeks I guess.

I'll keep you updated with the results.

Debating to keep or return this bag, issues are: crooked flap and uneven spacing between the edges and grommets (more space between the left edge and grommet compared to the right side). Crooked flap doesn't bother me when things are inside the bag with strap pulls up (somewhat even out the crooked flap). But the spacing between the grommets and edges can't be fixed. None of my Chanels from previous seasons and 17B mini have this issues but this bag. I know these bags are hand made, no perfect bags. 1) Am I being too picky about the grommets spacing? 2) What would u do? 3) Have anyone noticed their bags like that? Thank you in advance for your input.
image.jpeg

Debating to keep or return this bag, issues are: crooked flap and uneven spacing between the edges and grommets (more space between the left edge and grommet compared to the right side). Crooked flap doesn't bother me when things are inside the bag with strap pulls up (somewhat even out the crooked flap). But the spacing between the grommets and edges can't be fixed. None of my Chanels from previous seasons and 17B mini have this issues but this bag. I know these bags are hand made, no perfect bags. 1) Am I being too picky about the grommets spacing? 2) What would u do? 3) Have anyone noticed their bags like that? Thank you in advance for your input.
View attachment 3820051

Is this bag from 17B? Are you sure it's authentic?

View attachment 3820051

Hello Jkfashionstyle, I looked at my dark red and navy from 17B and they both look normal. I do notice that your item in particular has the grommet placement off. Meaning that the side that appears to be normal is placed on the tip of the first quilt whilst the side that seems off the grommet is placed on the middle of the first quilt. Not sure if I made sense. It's a lovely mini and if the other issues don't bother you then I would say to keep it. Is this a square or rectangle version of the dark beige if you don't mind me asking? Congrats on finding this really sought after color.:loveeyes::loveeyes:

Hi all,

Just giving you guys an update.

Went to the Chanel boutique today to get my bag back.

It's in perfect condition, the strap has been repaired and is good.

I saw on a different form that I had to sign, that the bag is from season 17S.

So the bag is all good it seems.

Thanks all !