*TWISTED CHAIN ISSUE* on 17B Mini Flaps

Oh wow! That is beyond awful! How can they not see and understand the issue? It's not rocket science. I was planning to have mine fixed but in the end I returned because of other issues like the shape being weird. If I were you I would demand them to fix it for you on the spot and show them this thread. All they have to do is remove the last link on one side and put it on the opposite way.
Hello. May I ask do you still have the picture of the "shape being weird"? I am still struggling to keep mine or return since the uneven quilted...

Backside is definately important!!!!

Hello,
Can I ask for your opinion about this mini please? Does it look good? Can you see something wrong with it? It is from a personal shopper and I would have to pay extra for it therefore I want to be absolutely sure that it is in good condition. Thank you so much!

It's difficult to see. You would need photos of both sides of the bag and the back. Also, the twisted chain issue isn't always visible in photos.

It's difficult to see. You would need photos of both sides of the bag and the back. Also, the twisted chain issue isn't always visible in photos.
Thank you for your interest:smile: The PS also sent me some videos of the bag. But I can't see theleft side of the bag and the whole chain. I am not quite sure what to look at. I could request some more pictures if that helps?

Attachments

• IMG_7814.PNG
    IMG_7814.PNG
    930.8 KB · Views: 882
Gosh, I have been waiting for this combo (black caviar and shw) for almost 3 years! That is why I have this dilemma, should I buy it (and pay above retail) and accept that it might come with one of the defects (if not found in one of the pictures) or wait for cruise collection, hoping that they will release black caviar minis and silver hardware.

Reactions: TheAnaVega
Gosh, I have been waiting for this combo (black caviar and shw) for almost 3 years! That is why I have this dilemma, should I buy it (and pay above retail) and accept that it might come with one of the defects (if not found in one of the pictures) or wait for cruise collection, hoping that they will release black caviar minis and silver hardware.
I believe the original poster in the Cruise 2018 thread mentioned her boutique will be getting black caviar minis with silver hardware (not sure if they will be square or rectangular, quilted or chevron, though).

Reactions: fally
About the twisted chain issue I wonder if they did it on purpose to fix the flat chain that twists? When I lay mine flat in both holes it twists on the flap, but if not, the main part twists, although the chain is not twisted to begin with? Does that make sense?

About the twisted chain issue I wonder if they did it on purpose to fix the flat chain that twists? When I lay mine flat in both holes it twists on the flap, but if not, the main part twists, although the chain is not twisted to begin with? Does that make sense?

Not sure if I get what you mean but when I lay my mini flat, the chain looks twisted.
But when I load it and start carrying it, viola! the chain straightens!

I think the twist is on the end of the chain and the weight helps pull the bag down, thus straightening it. Go figure..

Reactions: marie132
Im looking to purchase this square mini, however after reading about the twisted chain issue I had a closer look and it seems like this bag may also have this issue.
If you look at the end of where the right link ends, it looks like theres a kink in the chain and when the chain looks twisted when its hung on the doorknob.
If anyone could give me their input that would be great!

TIA!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 813
  • 20993421_10159180599575524_1826508344_o.jpg
    20993421_10159180599575524_1826508344_o.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 798
Hello all! I've been following this thread for couple days now..

I recently bought a black caviar square mini in LGHW, while I was waiting for it to arrive, I thought I might read through some threads.. and it got me super worried.

After unboxing, all my dilemmas and worries are gone. It is impeccable and completely adorable!!

It is my first Chanel handbag.. (sort of, sold my seconds and WOC that I got last year..)

I'm so happy it does not have twisted chain (notice the leather wraps through the ring), quiltings are pretty much aligned (photo shot in weird angle so hard to tell). I love the leather and the puffiness, no weird smell either. Can't wait to start using this bag!! FYI it's burgundy interior, serial starts w 247. =)
JKJW6772.jpg IMG_6013.JPG

Hello all! I've been following this thread for couple days now..

I recently bought a black caviar square mini in LGHW, while I was waiting for it to arrive, I thought I might read through some threads.. and it got me super worried.

After unboxing, all my dilemmas and worries are gone. It is impeccable and completely adorable!!

It is my first Chanel handbag.. (sort of, sold my seconds and WOC that I got last year..)

I'm so happy it does not have twisted chain (notice the leather wraps through the ring), quiltings are pretty much aligned (photo shot in weird angle so hard to tell). I love the leather and the puffiness, no weird smell either. Can't wait to start using this bag!! FYI it's burgundy interior, serial starts w 247. =)
View attachment 3801426 View attachment 3801427

How is the shape? Is your front flap crooked at all?