Twinsets- buy the shell with the cardigan?

manana

O.G.
Oct 4, 2007
Looking for advice, when I see a cute twinset, I always want the cardigan and not always the shell...but then I worry that I will find myself needing it and wont be able to match it if I dont buy it right then. It is easier to be economical without buying it but just wondered what everyone else does and why if you care to share:smile:

Thanks very much!!

I think it just depends if you wear twinsets as sets or not. I don't really like twinsets anymore and have only owned one actual set, they are just too matchy-matchy for me and maybe a little too conservative. I usually just get a cardigan I think is cute and wear it with a sleeveless dress or a tank top or camisole that coordinates or contrasts nicely.

I think it just depends if you wear twinsets as sets or not. I don't really like twinsets anymore and have only owned one actual set, they are just too matchy-matchy for me and maybe a little too conservative. I usually just get a cardigan I think is cute and wear it with a sleeveless dress or a tank top or camisole that coordinates or contrasts nicely.

I absolutely agree. I do not wear twinsets, but I do wear cardigans, so I never buy a set. However, if you intend to wear it as a set at some point, I'd definitely recommend buying the matching pieces when you can instead of trying to match them at a later date.

I like to buy cardigans only, no shell. Like others, I agree it's too matchy matchy to wear the full set. Usually I pair mine with tank tops or cute flowy blouses. I also don't color match the cardigan with the tank for contrast.

agreed- I'm not into "matchy matchy". If i buy a twin set then i switch up the colors wear the shell with another cardi etc.

I like twinsets. I have a few. Especially that skinnies are in. I think they are cute with flats and a cut purse.

Very Audrey. That said, I have twin sets in basic colors : black cashmere, camel cashmere.
And I switch out the shell a lot, for a very fitted white t-shirt.

I would buy both. Probably I would end up wearing the pieces separately more often than together, but I think I would want to have the option. It's a nice look with a pencil skirt for work.

I think a matching cashmere twinset with skinny capri pants and ballet flats is perfectly adorable. Very Audrey Hepburn. Classic style.

I totally agree. I have about 3 twinsets in basic colors; black, camel, blue and they are classics that you can't go wrong with.

I am not always in the mood for matchy-matchy, but they are perfect when I'm in an "Audrey" mood.

I pretty much agree with everyone here. Having the matching shell is a nice option, but not necessary. I own a few twinsets but will also wear the cardigans with a tank top or alone.