Twilly recommendations for natural Barenia, please!

AuthenticLux

Mom/Feminist/Veteran
O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
I am thinking of covering the handles of my natural barenia HAC but don't know which twilly would compliment it best. Any suggestions?

I was thinking Tout en Carré in brown colorway?

^That suggestion sounds lovely. Have you ever thought about H pocket squares? I've been buying those lately to wrap my handles. Have fun shopping!

ah bareniaa.... : ) i can honestly say any color mix will go well with your bag. it's such a neutral color that any twilly will pop magically on your bag. : ) you may want to consider buying more than one twilly design/color to have it compliment your outfits.:P

I am thinking of covering the handles of my natural barenia HAC but don't know which twilly would compliment it best. Any suggestions?

I was thinking Tout en Carré in brown colorway?

That's a lovely choice! Also orange and mustard / yellow twillys work well with natural bearenia bags. I like the new Kelly en Caleche twilly in black + yellow cw and from last season the Un Jardin après la Mousson in orange. But for sure the Tout en Carré in brown would look fabulous.

I wonder if AuthenticLux got twillys for her barenia birkin. Anyone have any more thoughts or recommendations for a neutral twilly for handles?

I am not a twilly gal, and only started thinking of them because it would be easier than sending my 32 HAC Barenia to have handles lightened (which I have done too). I don;t do pops of color. I am afraid I will tire too easily of things that look cute.

I was thinking capitales twilly in browns (but worried it would pop too much because of the white) or the older bolduc pattern in black and cool toned brown (but I have only seen them recently as medor twillys at Bergdorfs and actually now that I think of it, perhaps the pattern would look a bit like a duty free special lol) or perhaps asking my SA to check if they have the bolduc invisible twilly in brown or gray. Or an op H twilly but again worried about the pop.

Would black invisible be too jarring a contrast? I should add that the twilly handle would only go on in spring or fall - in summer, I think its too heavy looking a bag to carry and in winter I wear gloves.

880 i thought the capitales twilly in brown would be perfect for my gold togo birkin (not barenia but well they're close) but when i finally found a pair, i didn't like them on it at all. i'm still searching for the perfect twilly for the gold. i too prefer something as "unobtrusive" as possible, as neutral as possible, something that blends in rather than pop. i've thought of getting just plain ribbons, non H.

i actually find i need the handles twillied in winter because i try to apply handcream as often as possible? i don't moisturise during summer but i guess warm sticky hands in hot weather will warrant some protection as well.

Last edited:
880 i thought the capitales twilly in brown would be perfect for my gold togo birkin (not barenia but well they're close) but when i finally found a pair, i didn't like them on it at all. i'm still searching for the perfect twilly for the gold. i too prefer something as "unobtrusive" as possible, as neutral as possible, something that blends in rather than pop. i've thought of getting just plain ribbons, non H.

i actually find i need the handles twillied in winter because i try to apply handcream as often as possible? i don't moisturise during summer but i guess warm sticky hands in hot weather will warrant some protection as well.

Thanks Loves - good point. Please do let me know if you find the perfect neutral twilly - I was thinking about plain ribbon too lol. H ribbon is too logo and besides not comfy on the bare fingers.