Twilly recommendations for natural Barenia, please!

AuthenticLux

Mom/Feminist/Veteran
O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
San Francisco
I am thinking of covering the handles of my natural barenia HAC but don't know which twilly would compliment it best. Any suggestions?

I was thinking Tout en Carré in brown colorway?

coleigh

Laugh and live....
O.G.
Jul 21, 2007
digging in my purse
^That suggestion sounds lovely. Have you ever thought about H pocket squares? I've been buying those lately to wrap my handles. Have fun shopping!

HaydenM

Feb 3, 2007
ah bareniaa.... : ) i can honestly say any color mix will go well with your bag. it's such a neutral color that any twilly will pop magically on your bag. : ) you may want to consider buying more than one twilly design/color to have it compliment your outfits.:P

DiamondS

Hermès collector
O.G.
Oct 2, 2007
Europe
I am thinking of covering the handles of my natural barenia HAC but don't know which twilly would compliment it best. Any suggestions?

I was thinking Tout en Carré in brown colorway?
That's a lovely choice! Also orange and mustard / yellow twillys work well with natural bearenia bags. I like the new Kelly en Caleche twilly in black + yellow cw and from last season the Un Jardin après la Mousson in orange. But for sure the Tout en Carré in brown would look fabulous.

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
I wonder if AuthenticLux got twillys for her barenia birkin. Anyone have any more thoughts or recommendations for a neutral twilly for handles?

I am not a twilly gal, and only started thinking of them because it would be easier than sending my 32 HAC Barenia to have handles lightened (which I have done too). I don;t do pops of color. I am afraid I will tire too easily of things that look cute.

I was thinking capitales twilly in browns (but worried it would pop too much because of the white) or the older bolduc pattern in black and cool toned brown (but I have only seen them recently as medor twillys at Bergdorfs and actually now that I think of it, perhaps the pattern would look a bit like a duty free special lol) or perhaps asking my SA to check if they have the bolduc invisible twilly in brown or gray. Or an op H twilly but again worried about the pop.

Would black invisible be too jarring a contrast? I should add that the twilly handle would only go on in spring or fall - in summer, I think its too heavy looking a bag to carry and in winter I wear gloves.

loves

O.G.
Sep 19, 2008
880 i thought the capitales twilly in brown would be perfect for my gold togo birkin (not barenia but well they're close) but when i finally found a pair, i didn't like them on it at all. i'm still searching for the perfect twilly for the gold. i too prefer something as "unobtrusive" as possible, as neutral as possible, something that blends in rather than pop. i've thought of getting just plain ribbons, non H.

i actually find i need the handles twillied in winter because i try to apply handcream as often as possible? i don't moisturise during summer but i guess warm sticky hands in hot weather will warrant some protection as well.

Last edited:

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
880 i thought the capitales twilly in brown would be perfect for my gold togo birkin (not barenia but well they're close) but when i finally found a pair, i didn't like them on it at all. i'm still searching for the perfect twilly for the gold. i too prefer something as "unobtrusive" as possible, as neutral as possible, something that blends in rather than pop. i've thought of getting just plain ribbons, non H.

i actually find i need the handles twillied in winter because i try to apply handcream as often as possible? i don't moisturise during summer but i guess warm sticky hands in hot weather will warrant some protection as well.
Thanks Loves - good point. Please do let me know if you find the perfect neutral twilly - I was thinking about plain ribbon too lol. H ribbon is too logo and besides not comfy on the bare fingers.