Twilly found

Jesskaz

Jan 3, 2009
I posted this in 'the wardrobe' friday, but someone suggested I post here as well...

On my way home from work tonight, as I entered my subway stop, I saw a little Twilly on the steps down into the station. I glanced down to the bottom of the stairs and saw a woman disappearing around the corner with a big, orange shopping bag.

I scooped up the twilly and ran down the stairs, trying not to kill myself, and just as I got to the bottom, the train pulled up. The woman went through the turnstyle and onto the train. I was desparately scrambling in my bag to find my metrocard and meanwhile a man literally shoved me out of his way to go through (I wasn't reeealy in the way- another woman had gone around me no problem) JEESH! I was thinking "oh no! She's RIGHT THERE and if I miss the train I'll never see her again!!" I found my card, swiped it, and just slipped onto the train before the doors shut.

I found the woman with the H shopping bag at the end of the car and held up the Twilly and asked her if she dropped it. She looked at me with a confused expression for a second and said "no, no that's not mine, but thank you."

So, after all that, I have an orphaned Twilly.:crybaby:

If she happens to belong to one of you tpfers, pm me. If you can tell me the station you *may* have lost it at (I think it's likely if you list the places you were today- you will come up with the right one), and can describe her to me, you can come claim her!

I gave her a nice soak in cold water and Woolite to get the nasty subway yuckies off. She looks good as new.

awww that was sooooo sweet of you to do that! however it turns out, i'm sure that the twilly will be well taken care of from now on! :hugs:

:buttercup: Jesskaz - in one way it would be great to find the owner - I'm sure that you'd have plenty to talk about! But failing that - perhaps your kindness remains rewarded!