Twilly and bag organizer- will I regret not getting it for the Birkin?

Snowflake_mb

Dec 25, 2018
Hi everyone,
I recently acquired my first B30 in capucine. I prefer to wear the bag without the clochette and not into the twilly or bag organizer. Will I regret not getting the twilly to protect the handles and an organizer to protect the inside? For those who don’t use either of these- how are your bags holding up? Thank you for sharing.

I have never used a twilly on any of my bags (including exotics) and have never had an issue in 10+ years. (I've only send one bag back to the spa due to wear on the outside bottom corners.) I don't wear hand lotion when carrying my bag though, which I understand can cause staining. I only recently started using bag organizers when I wanted more pockets, but even then I don't use them regularly as I don't like the added weight.

Reactions: Snowflake_mb
Congrats on your B30, great size and capucine is a happy colour. No need for twillies if you don’t like the look. Frankly I bought too many in the beginning and nowadays they just sit in their boxes. The bagorganizer however is something I love in my Bs, preventing the keys from scratching the bottom of the bag and it helps when I need to find some items. I don’t put the H slgs in the pockets but pens, phone, napkins, tickets are well organized and easy to find. I only use the best organizers, have several options for my bags. There are also H bags I use without an organizer, like picotin tpm, mini halzan but for my Bs and K I prefer an organiser. Many people use them for structure too but the bags I have are made with leathers that don’t need the support.

Enjoy your bag without twillies and organizer, you can add this later if you feel you need them. Taste can change.

i don't put twillies on my Bs too. i also don't use an organizer but currently searching for a good one. right now, i'm using an LV toiletry makeup pouch as an organizer for my Bs.

Hi everyone,
I recently acquired my first B30 in capucine. I prefer to wear the bag without the clochette and not into the twilly or bag organizer. Will I regret not getting the twilly to protect the handles and an organizer to protect the inside? For those who don’t use either of these- how are your bags holding up? Thank you for sharing.
I know of a friend whose B was saved by her organiser from a pen leak. You may wish to consider that...

I'm not a fan of the twillys per se but they do add an extra unexpected twist & they are attractive & do protect
the handles from oils from our hands.. If you have a birdie I might like the twilly on the handles.
I prefer the H fourbi as a bag organizer but many of the gals here have purchased theirs from Mai Tai as
well as 7RP.
For certain SLG I prefer H. The quality, colors & styling for me is unsurpassed
Enjoy your new bag!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
You will be fine without the twilly and bag-insert however depending on what you carry inside your bag, you might find minor dents and scratches inside on the leather. The dents and scratches will only matter if you ever want to resale the the bag cus it won’t be in “very good” condition. Other than that you are totally fine just enjoy your beautiful bag.

Basically, no, you don't really need the extras (unless you do IYKWIM).

Some people love twillues anyway regardless of using them on bags but I don't see the point of buying anything unless you love it.

There's a whole thread devoted to wearing bags sans twillues. Lots of people feel the same, you are not alone.

Frankly, there's already quite a lot going on with a B anyway.

I have one pair of twilies and a single for my 'senior' bags. For me it depends how I feel and the rest of my outfit. I neither love nor hate the twilly genre but finding design/cw is very hard anyway so I'll stick with the ones I have already.

As for organisers, I use makeup and toiletry bags for little stuff in most bags. I have some beauties already, why pay again?. Some people buy one for added structure rather than to keep the inside dent free, each to their own, a 30 B should be OK.

I don't own a Birkin but do own two Kelly's and have now for 12 years. I tried a Twilly on one - I felt like a 12 year old girl. I don't think that poor Twilly as left the box since!

I don't use bag organizers, either. I am careful about what I put in my bags. My ballpoint pen has a leather case into which it slips - no pen marks in my bags. I keep it in one of the pockets along with two small CC-type organizers (non-Hermes). One, I use for all my health insurance cards - no need to get my wallet out to find them at the doctor's office. The other is even smaller, and I use it for dry cleaner/shoe repair receipts. I cannot stand having paper "trash" in my handbags! I even had a small leather envelope with a snap for sales receipts from stores. My cosmetics and other small things are in a leather zip bag, my regular eyeglasses are in a great leather case that Talbots briefly made several years ago - very Hermes-looking, My phone fits perfectly in the other pocket, and anything I want to always carry (sales receipt for Kelly - won't have to search for it if I'm going out of the country - lives in the zippered compartment along with my a small folder from La Maison du Chocolat with my DD's favorites circled.

Why would I need an "organizer"? It simply adds weight, and to me, takes something away from the lovely leather lining in an Hermes handbag.

You know how you live with your bags. If you carry water bottles/baby bottles/messy snacks etc, then a liner will certainly help protect the bag.

I don't own a Birkin but do own two Kelly's and have now for 12 years. I tried a Twilly on one - I felt like a 12 year old girl. I don't think that poor Twilly as left the box since!

I don't use bag organizers, either. I am careful about what I put in my bags. My ballpoint pen has a leather case into which it slips - no pen marks in my bags. I keep it in one of the pockets along with two small CC-type organizers (non-Hermes). One, I use for all my health insurance cards - no need to get my wallet out to find them at the doctor's office. The other is even smaller, and I use it for dry cleaner/shoe repair receipts. I cannot stand having paper "trash" in my handbags! I even had a small leather envelope with a snap for sales receipts from stores. My cosmetics and other small things are in a leather zip bag, my regular eyeglasses are in a great leather case that Talbots briefly made several years ago - very Hermes-looking, My phone fits perfectly in the other pocket, and anything I want to always carry (sales receipt for Kelly - won't have to search for it if I'm going out of the country - lives in the zippered compartment along with my a small folder from La Maison du Chocolat with my DD's favorites circled.

Why would I need an "organizer"? It simply adds weight, and to me, takes something away from the lovely leather lining in an Hermes handbag.

You know how you live with your bags. If you carry water bottles/baby bottles/messy snacks etc, then a liner will certainly help protect the bag.

I use the fourbi organizer as I find it easier to spot what I am looking for even though my fourbi is filled
with a rainbow of colors. i also like seeing the colors & design of the fourbi
I also don't like the idea of digging into my bag, but that's just me.
I also find it easier to just remove the fourbi & transfer to another bag
We all have to find what works for us.. there doesn't seem to be a right or wrong

Personally would never use an organizer in a Birkin. I find the two pockets plenty for organizing. If you are worried about a pen, get a small bag of some sort to put pens in. I take nail polish to salon in my Birkin and have a special plastic container to keep it in inside the bag. That said, a salon is not a great place for a bag if you are a worrier. Do not touch your bag with cuticle remover on your nails....I only made that mistake once.