Twiggy or City??

Juicy

O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
1,420
5
London
I'm 5'3.5" and have the city, its too big on me and I don't tote enough stuff around with me so it hangs all floppy and deflated.. I really want a twiggy and I'm looking into getting one!
 
Oct 24, 2005
2,715
98
UK
City! I'm 5'7'' and it looks great on me. Mind you, I do put a bunch of papers in there for school, so its nice and stuffed - does wonders for the shape. I tried the twiggy on and it just didn't look right - too short and wide for my build.
 

miss-lilly

Supergirl
O.G.
Nov 7, 2005
895
0
Athens
I have both and I definately prefer the city. I like more the city shape and I don't like the way twiggy looks when I wear it on my shoulder.
Also, I'm not very tall and I don't always carry around much stuff but it looks great!
 

miss-lilly

Supergirl
O.G.
Nov 7, 2005
895
0
Athens
beauxgoris said:
<-----THE CITY!! It's the perfect size, not too large, not too small. Plus it has the optional longer handle!
I agree but twiggy has also the optional longer handle. Even though I've never used it. I tried it once and it totally ruins the shape of the twiggy
 
Jan 25, 2006
1,083
1
miss-lilly said:
I agree but twiggy has also the optional longer handle. Even though I've never used it. I tried it once and it totally ruins the shape of the twiggy
I prefer the twiggy to the city, but I do not like wearing my twiggy with the strap over my shoulder. The bag is kind of deep so it doesn't rest against the body well. The city looks much better than the twiggy when worn with the shoulder strap. The bag isn't as deep so the bag kind of melds into the body.

If anyone is looking for the best b-bag to wear over the shoulder, the day/hobo wins, hands down.
 

Konabay

Member
Mar 19, 2006
102
0
I have 4 Cities & 2 Twiggys and although I like them both, I like the cuteness of the twiggy. The cities were easier to find 04 colors which is why I have more of those, while the twiggies were just rarer (so maybe that's why I covet them). The one thing I do like better about the city is that it's taller and more square so I can fit my laptop & case in it with some essentials. I do think though, it depends on the color you're looking for. Some colors just fit a certain style.
 
Jan 25, 2006
1,083
1
Konabay said:
I have 4 Cities & 2 Twiggys and although I like them both, I like the cuteness of the twiggy. The cities were easier to find 04 colors which is why I have more of those, while the twiggies were just rarer (so maybe that's why I covet them). The one thing I do like better about the city is that it's taller and more square so I can fit my laptop & case in it with some essentials. I do think though, it depends on the color you're looking for. Some colors just fit a certain style.
Konabay, it sounds like you have a great collection. What colors do you have?
 

Konabay

Member
Mar 19, 2006
102
0
angstofgumby said:
Konabay, it sounds like you have a great collection. What colors do you have?
Thanks. I've accumulated a few older bags which i prefer to use over the newer seasons. In the City I have Orange, Black, Apple Green, & Anis. Twiggies are the Marron and Lilac. I have a couple of other bags from 06 but the texture just doesn't compare. The one thing I'm not partial to on the city are the extended zippers. The purse would be a nice, clean alternative to that.
 
Jan 25, 2006
1,083
1
Konabay said:
Thanks. I've accumulated a few older bags which i prefer to use over the newer seasons. In the City I have Orange, Black, Apple Green, & Anis. Twiggies are the Marron and Lilac. I have a couple of other bags from 06 but the texture just doesn't compare. The one thing I'm not partial to on the city are the extended zippers. The purse would be a nice, clean alternative to that.
Lovely, Konabay. That is a great collection you have there.

I agree with you when it comes to the zippers on the city. I prefer the purse and the twiggy to the city, and one of the reasons why is because I don't like how the zippers extend over the edge on the city. It gives the bag more of a casual look. The sides of the purse are slightly pinched, so the purse has, just like you said, a cleaner look. Unfortunately the purse doesn't fit as much as the city does.

I do think the city has a more classic, timeless shape than the twiggy does though. I like the twiggy because it's quirky and a little offbeat, and it fits my personality better. I'm not sure I'll like the style as much five years down the road though.

I hope the rumors about Balenciaga going back to the older leather are true. I would love to see them go back to the 2003 leather, but I doubt they would take it back that far.