Twiggy for Hubby

Dec 12, 2006
Hello,
My Hubby has a Balenciaga shaving/dopp kit that he has used for years. He travels quite a bit and so it has become quite worn and it is too small for all of his stuff.

I am considering getting him a Twiggy to use for his shaving kit, but I thought I'd see what others think of this idea. I mean, yes it's a purse, but I don't think he would mind having a purse for his shaving kit. He loves all of my purses, and is pretty much the reason I have a purse obsession in the first place. Does anyone else have a Hubby that uses a Twiggy or something similar for this purpose?

Or do you know where I can get another kit for him? I think the one he has now is a makeup/pencil kit, but I'm not sure. He bought it at the Balenciaga store in Bahrain several years ago.

Thanks so much!

i think the twiggy would be too large for a man's shaving tools. it's a mid-size bag, really, almost on par with the city. what about a pre-loved balenciaga toolkit? it actually looks like a man's bag and has three very spacious separate compartments. i could totally see that being used a shaving kit. just a thought.

i think the twiggy would be too large for a man's shaving tools. it's a mid-size bag, really, almost on par with the city. what about a pre-loved balenciaga toolkit? it actually looks like a man's bag and has three very spacious separate compartments. i could totally see that being used a shaving kit. just a thought.
WOW!!! I love that idea! LOVE IT, LOVE IT! I have never seen the Toolkit before...how come I didn't know about this?? Lol! Guess I need to spend more time surfing Balenciaga stuff...

Thank you so much for the idea. I'll definitely have to look into it.

Twiggy actually comes in several sizes so maybe one of the two mini sizes would work?

don't quote me but I think the one your husband has is called a double zipper makeup bag, or something of the sort. I do think it's the largest of the makeup bags. I would just be concerned with a twiggy of any sort that the handles could be inconvenient or get in the way especially if he travels much.... there's also the idea that having that beautiful leather sitting on wet countertops.... eek!

Maybe check out the box bag. It was made in / around 2006 and has a box shape (obviously) with a single zip top and will probably get you more space than the make up, but a little less than the twiggy. Only issue might be finding one, since it had a relatively short life span in the product line up and you'd have to find one on the resale market. Good luck!

Very cool! I just saw a red chevre double-zip makeup bag on The Real Deal Collection site. Great price too! Maybe that's what you're looking for?

ETA: Sorry, I misspoke - it was on ******. Here's the link: http://hgbagsonline.com/cart/balenciaga-c-105_106/balenciaga-2006-rouge-vif-double-zipper-make-up-bag-chevre-p-6098.html