Tweed Chanel handbags- your oppinion?

Feb 10, 2008
Hi all

I'm thinking of buying tweed chanel and I'm wondering is it a good idea. What are your experiences with chanel tweed? Will it tear easily? And what about dirt? Would appriciate all your oppinions!

I have a tweed/rabbit fur flap and it hasn't torn at all. It's great to take care of..but miny you, the tweed material is naturally frayed due to nature of the fabric.

I think they're really cute, that's probably the only type of non leather bag I'd buy. I think because the color combos are so fun like the mint greens and bubble gum pinks etc

I've seen some tweed bags that I'd love to get my hands on... They're more interesting than to look at than a lot of the classic bags because of the texture and colours of the tweeds. I saw a two or three tone one in shades of grey and it was so beautiful.
They look really luxurious!

I have the green tweed 2.55 reissue with the leather strap and I really love it. I was able to snag it for 40% off from Hirshleifer's last year which made it even better. So yes, I can officially say that I love tweed!

Attachments

• Green Tweed Messenger.jpg
    Green Tweed Messenger.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,547
I'm a sucker for tweed bags! I have 4 and love how they are so different!

:nuts: So am I!!

I think the main issues concering tweed bags are as follows:

1. they cannot be "refurbished';
2. they are prone to pilling, i.e. small balls will form in areas where the bags rub against your clothes;
3. they are not meant to be your everyday bags - even the Easy Tweed 2.55.

Other than that, tweed bags?? :drools:

Not many tweed bags were released during the period 06 ~ 08 but I see that they are making a very strong comeback!!! Hurrah! :yahoo:

I have just received my tweed Chanel 2.55, the colour is pink with silver hardware. I haven't used it yet, but I just love the way it looks! It comes from 2004 collection and it still looks brand new. I will post pictures soon.:smile:

I have the green tweed 2.55 reissue with the leather strap and I really love it. I was able to snag it for 40% off from Hirshleifer's last year which made it even better. So yes, I can officially say that I love tweed!

I love this reissue MarvelGirl! Is this the jumbo sized one (15x11)? Also, may I ask how much it was originally? TIA:smile:

^Thanks mare76! You're so sweet. And this reissue is the jumbo sized one. It is huge but I am tall so it is perfect actually. I don't recall the original price but I think it was $2795. HTH!