Turquoise Lindy 26 in Swift.. Update pg. 2

lesboitesorange

[H]andcrafted
Jul 23, 2013
My lovely SA has asked if I want a lindy 26 in turquoise swift. I told her that I wanted a lindy in size 26(due to my short height). She told me that size 26 is rare and that she thought it would be perfect for me.
Only thing is, I prefer blue izmir over turquoise and I am not familiar with swift leather. I have a bag in clemence though.
Should I go for it, or wait for something like etoupe in clemence?
Also, this is in PHW, and I would prefer GHW.. I realise that's rare though.

I'm currently out of the country on holiday, so she said the store will hold it for me until I come back, which is in another two weeks.. But if I'm not certain that I'll get it(when I get back), I don't want them to hold it for me for that long.

I will run for it
Swift is lighter than clemence
Not a difficult leather to maintain
Very buttery smooth on lindy
I prefer lindy in swift compare to clemence
L26 is already very rare tough more so in ghw
Not sure if blue izmir still in production n if you still can get
2 seasons ago color
However you must like turquoise and swift
I strongly suggest that you should physically go view this bag when back from holiday
Meanwhile enjoy n cheers

i will run for it
swift is lighter than clemence
not a difficult leather to maintain
very buttery smooth on lindy
i prefer lindy in swift compare to clemence
l26 is already very rare tough more so in ghw
not sure if blue izmir still in production n if you still can get
2 seasons ago color
however you must like turquoise and swift
i strongly suggest that you should physically go view this bag when back from holiday
meanwhile enjoy n cheers

+1

My lovely SA has asked if I want a lindy 26 in turquoise swift. I told her that I wanted a lindy in size 26(due to my short height). She told me that size 26 is rare and that she thought it would be perfect for me.
Only thing is, I prefer blue izmir over turquoise and I am not familiar with swift leather. I have a bag in clemence though.
Should I go for it, or wait for something like etoupe in clemence?
Also, this is in PHW, and I would prefer GHW.. I realise that's rare though.

I'm currently out of the country on holiday, so she said the store will hold it for me until I come back, which is in another two weeks.. But if I'm not certain that I'll get it(when I get back), I don't want them to hold it for me for that long.

I just bought lindy 26 in turquoise a couple weeks ago and i love it! I'm not sure about the leather though.
I personally prefer turquoise over blue izmir. I found turquoise has more pop and it changes with light. I was once offered a kelly wallet in blue izmir and i found the colour isn't as good as turquoise.
However, i would suggest you go and see the bag in person. I know it might not be nice if at the end you didn't take the bag, but i guess you can just be honest with your sa that there is a possibility that you might not take the bag. Also if you can, go to H store in your holiday and ask for anything in turquoise. It might help with your decision.

Here some reference for the colour of my lindy. Hope it helps you. :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409957806.456590.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409957848.954163.jpg

I will run for it
Swift is lighter than clemence
Not a difficult leather to maintain
Very buttery smooth on lindy
I prefer lindy in swift compare to clemence
L26 is already very rare tough more so in ghw
Not sure if blue izmir still in production n if you still can get
2 seasons ago color
However you must like turquoise and swift
I strongly suggest that you should physically go view this bag when back from holiday
Meanwhile enjoy n cheers

BI said it best: must see in person to really decide.

colors 'take' very differently in Swift vs. the grained leathers, which can mute the undertones of a color.

if you explain to them you are on holiday and let them know your 1st return date back (to stop by and see it), i think they will understand.

i hope you will make the best decision on this cute little bag! 26 cm's are rare, but that's not the main reason to get an H bag--you must LOVE it.

Swift takes colour really really well. I personally think swift is a better leather for Lindy than Clemence.

Strongly suggest that you go and see it in person :smile: That will definitely help you make a decision.

Oh....the smell of swift is sooooo sweet. I have bags/slgs in togo, clemence, tadelakt, evercolor....none of those compare to the sweet smell of swift. Now I want more things in swift.

I love love LOVE turquoise with PHW and Swift is TDF! I think the current turquoise is just as nice as BI. Also, I do not think (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that Lindys are made with GHW. So if you're hoping for a 26 and GHW, you may never get that combo.

That being said, YOU must be the one to love it. You have to rank what's the most important thing to you --- size? leather? color? hardware? etc and then evaluate what you've been offered based on your choices. For example, I always vote color first, then size, leather and hardware. The first thing is to figure out your priorities. Then next is to look at the bag in person and see if it "sings". I hope you get it :smile:

I just bought lindy 26 in turquoise a couple weeks ago and i love it! I'm not sure about the leather though.
I personally prefer turquoise over blue izmir. I found turquoise has more pop and it changes with light. I was once offered a kelly wallet in blue izmir and i found the colour isn't as good as turquoise.
However, i would suggest you go and see the bag in person. I know it might not be nice if at the end you didn't take the bag, but i guess you can just be honest with your sa that there is a possibility that you might not take the bag. Also if you can, go to H store in your holiday and ask for anything in turquoise. It might help with your decision.

Here some reference for the colour of my lindy. Hope it helps you. :smile:

View attachment 2741210View attachment 2741213

It's Clemence.

See if you like it. That's the only way to know.

Personally, I've been waiting for a Lindy 26 and its been awhile.

I've passed on two: BI and Rose the both clemence. Rose The didn't work for me at all. While the Blue Izmir - the H store was 'playing games' with me and I didn't feel like playing ball at a heavy price.

So its best to see it and try it on.

Thank you everyone for your responses!
I will go see it in person and decide, but I have a good feeling now that I will fall in love with the bag!
I was reading more about swift leather :smile: