turquoise 08 work - w GSH or GGH ?

orange4197

Apr 5, 2007
would like to ask you fellow B ladies, which hardware best suits turq 08 work ? so far im for GSH .. but saw pics of other works with other colors than turq ... mostly with GGH ... but i think turq is better with silver right ?

Oct 24, 2005
UK
Well, never seen either IRL, but here's a piccie of outpt's gorgy 08 turq with GSH. This is the one I'd go for :heart::

IMG_044999.JPG

PS Click to enlarge the pic.

Deco

O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
Denver, Colorado
I prefer GSH over GGH by a gigantic, immesurable margin.

Having said that, IMO GSH generally casts a cooling glow on colors, and GGH a warming glow. I believe the 08 Turq needs to be warmed rather than cooled. So I may prefer 08 Turq with GGH. But I'm not committed to this fleeting preference because I also LOVE outpt's GSH Work.

Here's a pic of my GGH Turq.

oogiewoogie

Life is good.. :)
O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
Beachy SoCAL...♥
hmm.. totally agree w/ what deco says in regards to

silver = cool
gold = warm.

Personal preference... I can't pull off gold.. so I'd have to side w/ silver.

Both are gorgeous... it's a win-win situation~! :tup:

Deco

O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
Denver, Colorado
Here's another photo for comparison. I have the damndest time trying to capture this color and HW. I'm on the fence about keeping this bag only because the leather doesn't inspire droooooool. F/W 07 really spoiled the hell out of me! I looooooove the color, just ho hum about the leather.

Attachments

SweetPurple

Aug 13, 2007
I've seen both yesterday and for some reason the GGH looked more "wow" to me than the GSH ... but it could be just the lighting. I'd love to see both outdoors on a sunny day!

gemibebe

O.G.
Feb 18, 2007
IMHO and based on my own struggling with the GSH or GGH for my BG City, I realize that it's really not an easy choice. However, I have to say that based on my Turqoise color I have seen IRL, I would think that the GGH will stand out more. The GSH looks good as well and totally agree with Decophile's comments about warm/cold colors.

In general, the blue color should be the cold color family. However, as Turquoise should have a hue of green, I would say it goes a bit to the warm color family. Also because blue+yellow=green. Therefore, I would suggest the GGH to make the 08 Turquoise a bit closer to the true Turquoise (with a hue of green).