Turnlock Tote in Crossgrain Leather - Slouching at the Corners?

Lucky0003

Apr 24, 2017
I have a Turnlock Tote in crossgrain leather (pics are my actual tote) that has lost its shape at the corners -- it slouches and does not stand up straight. I have only had it for one month and been very careful with it. I know I can take it back to see if this is normal, but was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

I purchased this tote online and was hoping it would have more structure.

Does your Turnlock Tote slouch at the corners??

IMG_3782.JPG IMG_3784.JPG

Last edited:

Suzanne B.

Oct 12, 2012
I have a Turnlock Tote in crossgrain leather (pics are my actual tote) that has lost its shape at the corners -- it slouches and does not stand up straight. I have only had it for one month and been very careful with it. I know I can take it back to see if this is normal, but was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

View attachment 3678049 View attachment 3678050
I don't have this particular tote, but I have and have had other Coach totes and they have done the corner slouch thing too. Some people like slouching bags, but I'm not one of them. It's not just Coach bags either, other brands do it as well. My Coach mini studs taxi tote developed the squished / slouching corners even though I used an insert while using the bag and keeping the bag stuffed when not in use. I think the weight of the leather causes weakening at the corners. They are structured looking bags, but they really don't have the strength to hold the shape for long. :sad:

On the other hand, I have a Frye tote which is made of thick leather and it has not done the bent corner / slouching thing yet.

Reactions: Lucky0003

holiday123

Jul 29, 2015
Sunny FL, USA

View attachment 3678049 View attachment 3678050
I have this tote and mine slouches like that too. The purse organizer helps, but it still slouches.

Reactions: Lucky0003