Turning down a Hermes Bag offer

twinzluvagrl

IG @sincerelyophelia NYC Fashion & Beauty Blogger
O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
Didn't know where I could find people who understood my feelings but here. I have been searching for a Kelly Danse and was just given an offer for a Black with GHW. Which is the "holy neutral" LOL I really wanted it in Gold or Etoupe and save the black color for a mini kelly II or kelly 25 ideally. (I realize, it will also be hard to chance upon and may never happen... since mini kelly and kelly 25 is so rare). But I decided to pass upon it to hold true to what I originally wanted. And to wait it out just a little longer. Big factor is also because we are in COVID period so I really don't have much time to wear my bags out... and I recently already bought another purse for my birthday...) But as we Hermes lovers know, money won't ever be first thought when offered a bag at Hermes...

But just curious, what would you guys do in my shoes? Given it's not a quota bag... but it does seem like the Danse is more sought out these recent years due to its practicality.

for me, i would love to add a black danse to my collection if given the opportunity. black w/gold HW is so versatile for all the obvious reasons but if you're only set on getting one kelly danse..then i would say waiting for your preferred color is the way to go. the danse does come in gold evercolor but not sure about etoupe...

Reactions: twinzluvagrl
I had a similar dilemma - I love the danse, my first was gold and then I was lucky to have a second in beige de Weimar. I assumed I would want one in black ghw, but the size, style and versatility makes this bag lovely in a colour or neutral. I’ll save black for a (fingers crossed) k25 Sellier ghw.

Do I recall correctly that you started your H journey just very recently? Congratulations on the offer! I am a black bag person so I would want my first bag in any Hermes style in black first but that's just me. If you want gold or etoupe, you should just wait. My first Birkin 30 was a Etoupe Togo with ghw - not my first choice but I was afraid if I turned it down, I would have to wait long for my next offer. I got my next offer in black two months later but now I wasted a quota - I prefer Etain much more for my second Birkin but I have Etoupe instead.

Didn't know where I could find people who understood my feelings but here. I have been searching for a Kelly Danse and was just given an offer for a Black with GHW. Which is the "holy neutral" LOL I really wanted it in Gold or Etoupe and save the black color for a mini kelly II or kelly 25 ideally. (I realize, it will also be hard to chance upon and may never happen... since mini kelly and kelly 25 is so rare). But I decided to pass upon it to hold true to what I originally wanted. And to wait it out just a little longer. Big factor is also because we are in COVID period so I really don't have much time to wear my bags out... and I recently already bought another purse for my birthday...) But as we Hermes lovers know, money won't ever be first thought when offered a bag at Hermes...

But just curious, what would you guys do in my shoes? Given it's not a quota bag... but it does seem like the Danse is more sought out these recent years due to its practicality.

I was recently offered a K32 noir with GHW. I got the sense I was crazy for turning it down but I had to stick to what I really want. There is nothing like getting the exact bag that you want. Once it does come, you’ll look back and feel all of the waiting was worth it.

for me, i would love to add a black danse to my collection if given the opportunity. black w/gold HW is so versatile for all the obvious reasons but if you're only set on getting one kelly danse..then i would say waiting for your preferred color is the way to go. the danse does come in gold evercolor but not sure about etoupe...
Yes it comes in Etoupe! :biggrin: Just need to wait for it. For me, I feel like Danse is more casual so I feel like a more casual neutral would be a better choice. I may end up wanting a black one down the road, who knows - but definitely the first one, felt like a lighter casual neutral would be better.

I had a similar dilemma - I love the danse, my first was gold and then I was lucky to have a second in beige de Weimar. I assumed I would want one in black ghw, but the size, style and versatility makes this bag lovely in a colour or neutral. I’ll save black for a (fingers crossed) k25 Sellier ghw.
I feel the same way as you. Want it in a more lighter casual neutral. And a classic Kelly in Black... That's why I'm like, yeah I should save Black for when I can get my hands on a mini kelly II or kelly 25 sellier. (Though who knows how many years I'd have to wait or if it'll ever come, but hey... I'm patient and in no rush!)

I think you made the right decision for u dear. stay true to what u really want or you will always e thinking about those colors instead. I know it's hard to wait, but I feel if your SA offered you that one... another will come.
I had that feeling too. She was super nice about it when I declined as well :biggrin: Patience is key right?

Do I recall correctly that you started your H journey just very recently? Congratulations on the offer! I am a black bag person so I would want my first bag in any Hermes style in black first but that's just me. If you want gold or etoupe, you should just wait. My first Birkin 30 was a Etoupe Togo with ghw - not my first choice but I was afraid if I turned it down, I would have to wait long for my next offer. I got my next offer in black two months later but now I wasted a quota - I prefer Etain much more for my second Birkin but I have Etoupe instead.
Yes I did! Thanks for remembering~ It did take me by surprise that I was offered something of my choice so quickly. Cause I did tell my SA my preference of more casual neutrals but overall any neutral would be good. So for the first offer to be black after such a short period of time, I was ecstatic. But also gave me hope that I would wait it out for the perfect color. Not sure if it's COVID period so not as many are buying and so there's more stock though.

Do not settle for something you do not want. It is always tempting to purchase what is offered, but IMO it almost always leads to buyers regret.
I understand your dilemma but I think you made the right decision. Wait for the bag that you really want!
Wait. No regrets.

Thank you guys! I'm gonna wait and be patient! Holding onto my seat!!! So I don't just throw my money everywhere and end up with regrets!

Yes I did! Thanks for remembering~ It did take me by surprise that I was offered something of my choice so quickly. Cause I did tell my SA my preference of more casual neutrals but overall any neutral would be good. So for the first offer to be black after such a short period of time, I was ecstatic. But also gave me hope that I would wait it out for the perfect color. Not sure if it's COVID period so not as many are buying and so there's more stock though.
:smile:

Pretty certain it is because of Covid. I have heard many of my friends and their friends too scoring hard to find items recently being new customers.