TURN HIM IN! Help Me Please!!!!!!!! Urgent!!!

Ya know, Im prolly going to get reamed for this...but whats the big deal?

Its the same bag. Any pictures from anyone would reflect that. Maybe he wasnt happy with it..it happens ya know?

People take stock descriptions from Bloomies, NM, Nordstroms all the time and use them in their Ebay descriptions. Further, stock pics are taken from these sites to ALL THE TIME, to show the bag in its best form in addition to other pictures.

My Q is this: He bought it from you, you made money, and he wants to sell it. Sure him using your pics is not the best idea but come on...were not talking about a picasso painting here...were talking about photos of a bag...the same bag.

I dunno. Maybe I am un-informed. Naive. Unaware.

Sorry if no one else agrees with me

Its the same bag. Any pictures from anyone would reflect that. Maybe he wasnt happy with it..it happens ya know?

People take stock descriptions from Bloomies, NM, Nordstroms all the time and use them in their Ebay descriptions. Further, stock pics are taken from these sites to ALL THE TIME, to show the bag in its best form in addition to other pictures.

My Q is this: He bought it from you, you made money, and he wants to sell it. Sure him using your pics is not the best idea but come on...were not talking about a picasso painting here...were talking about photos of a bag...the same bag.

It is the moral/ethical principal as well. It is Honesty and work that goes into doing your own listing/pics.

Things would be different if he would have:
1. Left me + feedback and ASKED to use my pics. I would have had no problem w/ that BUT- He sent me a RUDE e-mail stating the "bag was used/abused" and wanted a refund and then proceeded to use my entire description/pics and leave NO feedback.

Morally/Ethically Wrong.

There is no disputing what he did was wrong~ as ebay enforces their policies and pulled his auction as they will again:yes:

Oh wow. Yeah thats messed up. Used and abused eh? No + feedback either. Yah I would have been pissed too.

As you know Im dealing with the pic situation too in another thread...I just dont understand what this ladies' deal is.

I would have done the same as you though. He sounds like a ginormous ASS

As you know Im dealing with the pic situation too in another thread...I just dont understand what this ladies' deal is.

Do you still not understand that it is considered STEALING and AGAINST copyright laws and Ebay rules?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/vero-image-text-theft.html
Item Description and Picture Theft

eBay members are not allowed to use another eBay user's pictures or descriptions in their listings or About Me pages without the owner's permission.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
  • Listing cancellation
  • Loss of eBay fees
  • Limits placed on account privileges
  • Loss of PowerSeller status
  • Account suspension
Examples
  • A seller doesn't know the best way to describe an item. The seller copies a substantial amount of another member’s description and pastes it into a listing, without receiving the original writer’s permission.
  • A seller uses someone else's picture and includes it in a listing, since it looks very similar to the item the seller is offering.
Report a member who is using your text or images without your permission.

Note: You must own the rights to the text or images you are reporting for unauthorized use.

What is Copyright?

The U.S. Constitution and the Federal Copyright Act give "copyright" protection to "authors" for their "original works," such as photographs. Among the protections that copyright owners have are the exclusive rights to:
  1. Make copies of the work
  2. Prepare other works based on the original
  3. Distribute copies of the work to the public by sales, rental, lease, or lending
  4. To publicly perform and display the work.
These rights are protected by laws which provide for damages and criminal penalties for violations. Both the customer and the lab are subject to the law.
Who Owns What?

The law says the "author" is the owner of the copyright. The author of a photo or image is usually the person who snapped the shutter or created the image. If you took the photo, you own the copyright. If a professional photographer took the photo for you, then he or she owns the copyright. If that photographer is an employee of a studio or other person in the business of making photos, then his or her employer is considered the author.
Prior to 1978, court cases said a customer who commissioned a photo was the employer of the photographer, so customers could get reprints made without any problem. In 1979, the U.S. Supreme Court said that was no longer true. To be an employee, the court said a person would have to be considered an employee under the traditional tests such as are used to impose payroll taxes, social security, and similar laws. That is not the usual customer-photographer relationship

if he were not trying to get a refund from you it would be different but to ask for a refund and list the item? come on that man is trying to scam a few people at the same time.

the auction is still up and in a few pictures you can see teh tag that you attached. you should leave him negative feedback stating that he asked for a refund for the same bag that he is selling ! once you put it there he can not delete it! you will have the link to your auction on the feedback so buyers will be able to see that youa re not lying!

i would do that. even if he leaves negative back to you anyone would follow the trail and see what he did.

good luck.

the listing was gone, :yahoo::wlae::tup:

Hi~ that was the first stolen listing. I have just now sent in a complaint about the second listing. He is still active on e-bay and the listing is as well.

I have left him negative feedback as well. I am not waiting to get negged by him...it is coming. But~ it is okay at least it tells the TRUE story.

Thanks for all the support here! :yes:

UPDATE! He has listed it AGAIN and used 2 of my photos again! I have e-mailed him this:

Look~ You are using 2 of my pictures again. I can and will turn you in for Copying my pictures without permission. You have a choice~ either leave me positive feedback by 9:00 p.m. tonight, or I am contacting ebay and you will become suspended and all your auctions will be pulled. I have documented all the auctions that you have copied from me and have copies for e-bay. You have never asked for my permission and had the gall to say the bag is in "used-abused condition" per your e-mail to me. I also have documentation on you showing that it is/was not "used-abused" as do you in your listings.

GAME ON!!!! I have nothing but time!

Oh Ghost I'm so sorry:crybaby: he is still at it. good luck with this round- I'm sure you will come out on top.

I wanted to add...good for on leaving him negative! I know that we tend to worry about leaving (-) for fear that we will get it back, but you are making others aware of what he did...and while "his" listing is still active!

I have sent a harassment claim to ebay following this message I just received.

Edited for content.

"YOU MOTHERFU*K*I*G HOE, WHAT THE F*C* DO YOU WANT B*T*H? I PAID FOR YOUR BULL*H*T BAG AND YOU A*$WHIPE
REFUSE TO TAKE IT BACK, SO I AM LISTING IT TO GET RID OF YOUR TRASH. I DONT PLAY NO F*&K*NG GAME YOU MOTHER&U*KE*RR*RRRRRRRR*RRRRRRR*RRRR"

Be very aware of this buyer/seller.

That is abusive, I am so sorry Ghost. The amount of hostility and offensive language in that email must have been a terrible afront when you found it in your inbox. It is, obviously, completely out of line and I hope Ebay not only remove this decidedly nasty character but acknowledge what a wretched effect these people can have on others. Hugs from London.