turist can't buy LV in Japan?

Feb 10, 2008
During the discussion about Neverful Damier and that for now it will be only Japan/Hawaii, one of the people wrote, that LV Japan doesen't alow turists to buy from them. Can it be true? I would find it really weird and I hardly can believe in it. Do any of you had experience in buying LV in Japan?

I wanted to try the waitlist for a Damier neverful in May....

rubbish! i was in Tokyo in Feb and took home a little LV souvenir with me - its in my signature below - it just came out that day and the only one they've got. then they even instructed me on how to get my tax back. as for the Neverfull being exclusive to Japan, it has happened before. and then they release a slightly different version for the rest of the world. eg: Sophie/Eva, Recital.

Pretty sure it isn't true, lots of members have been to Japan to buy LV and lots went to buy the Sophie, which was a Japan exclusive. Unless it has changed for the neverfull I don't think they'd turn tourists away, especially since they will be paying more for the item than they would in their home country (since Japan is a lot more expensive).

I bought my LV in Japan when I went vacation there in 2006. One thing to remember is to bring your passport with you so you can get tax refound. (i think) My boyfriend was working there during that time and they told him if i had my passport with me that we don't have to pay tax.