Turandot commemorative scarf?

I didnt know that Turandot was so popular. I have the red one and the periwinkle one -- both in new condition. PM me if you wanna do a trade or sumthing

Sigh, here is the reply from hermes.com

Bonjour,

Thank you for visiting Hermes.com.

Unfortunately the scarves are out of print. Our scarves are works of art and, thusly, are printed in limited quantities each season. Unless a scarf is reprinted in years to come, once it sells out, it will no longer be available for purchase. Please contact our Bal Harbour store at 305 868 0118 and our Atlanta store at 404 233 1011 should you be interested in "Samuel de Champlain" scarf.

Wait wait wait, what is the "Samuel de Champlain" scarf? I can't find a picture of it anywhere.

Wait wait wait, what is the "Samuel de Champlain" scarf? I can't find a picture of it anywhere.

Sorry to move this to the front page again. "Samuel de Champlain" is also known as 'Le Canada' by Texan Artist Kermit Oliver.

I'm a big fan of his artwork and have only recently realized that he did alot of stuff for Hermes. Part of my question to Hermes was the availability of Kermit Oliver's old scarves. That said, his artwork is not for everyone.

I'm thinking of buying some scarves from resellers, but some have an 'S' stamp on it and they are close to retail, I'm thinking it's overpriced. If anyone knows where the right price should be, please let me know. My DH thinks it's absolutely nuts that Hermes would put an 'S' stamp on sale goods. I'm kinda :confused1: by the entire 'S' thing as well. TIA :flowers:

"Samuel de Champlain" - 2006
http://usa.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/st...egoryId=10702&parentCategoryId=10707&nbItem=0

Cashmere shawls: also by Kermit Oliver in 1984 - 'Pani La Shar Pawnee'
http://usa.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/st...egoryId=10702&parentCategoryId=10761&nbItem=0

All I can say right now is that yes, it is a Turandot and it will come in 2 colors. Please don't PM me or call the store asking about it as we don't have them yet, don't know when we will get them, how many we are getting, or when they will be on sale.

:nuts: Thanks a lot or the update, mljones99.
Just one question - Does anyone know if the re-issue would be JUST for this store, or would they be available elsewhere? This is the one scarf I have wanted for a long time. :heart:

Members who live in the US can call the NC store directly. I am trying to help the members who live outside the US, because I am not sure whether or not they will ship internationally.

Members who live in the US can call the NC store directly. I am trying to help the members who live outside the US, because I am not sure whether or not they will ship internationally.

And that is a question I will have to ask our store director when he gets back from Paris. I doubt we will since we are unable to ship internationally with either one of our FedEx accounts currently. I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks.

thanks for the info, mljones :smile: i know a lot of ladies here would love that scarf. orchids, where are you? :P

and i hope stephen is having a great time in paris. i'm so jealous!!!!