Turandot Charlotte, should I?

Chaneljewel,

I can't be sure, but it is limited and my SA did call for me, so I don't know how it'd work if you just call them yourself.

Well I am getting it. If it ends up not working for me (there's a good chance), I'll let you know.

QM, the aubergine will look stunning on you though, for sure.

To tell you the truth, I suspect the coral might look better on me, but it does nothing for me either. With Turandot, I think I'm way past being reasonable or practical.

Yes the aubergine..the coral does nothing for me...I think you would look ok with either. It's not the same purple as you tried onwith the Champs de Courses.

Tods, I have the aubergine Turandot from the original issue and it is a real stunner. I agree with Q'sMom--it is not at all like the purple Champs de Courses. Since I already have the aubergine one, I went ahead and ordered the coral one--even though I have hesitation about it--because Turandot is such a special design. If it turns out the coral doesn't work for me, I plan to return it for store credit. I just know I would be sorry to miss the chance to own a BNIB Turandot if it does work at all. My two cents: go for the aubergine one.

Why did you return the blue orange? If it was the color...then you're wise to stay away from the coral.... Without seeing your entire scarf collection..the aubergine Turandot has many of the same colors as your Tapis Volant.

^^, exactly the reason I am kicking myself for returning the original issue. I figured that if I really ended up not wearing it, I could at least frame it. Like MaggieD says, Turandot is just a really special design, and to me especially because I really love the opera.

^^, exactly the reason I am kicking myself for returning the original issue. I figured that if I really ended up not wearing it, I could at least frame it. Like MaggieD says, Turandot is just a really special design, and to me especially because I really love the opera.

Nessun dorma from Turandot has been one of my all time favorite arias for many years.:yes:

LOL! So true....:biguns: Nah, I actually only have 3 more to collect, and then I'm done. The red one was the big one for me. Here are some closeups of the Coral one--mine is not the re-issue, it's the 2002 version, but it's essentially the same. The border is not too flattering for my skintone but the rest of it is more of a mocha with darker red which is nice. Wouldn't it be nice if they did more opera-themed scarves besides Fleurs de Opera? Would love to see one for Die Zauberflote!

Attachments

• CIMG1913.jpg
    CIMG1913.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 110
  • CIMG1915.jpg
    CIMG1915.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 109