Tupperware!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. The pickle thread & Pursegrrl's post about the pickle holder got me thinking that we need a Tupperware thread!

I just got a set of FridgeSmart containers that are supposed to help keep fruits & veggies fresher longer and a Modular Mates small oval that fits a box a Wheat Thins. I'm hoping to get more Modular Mates to help with food storage and our lack of shelf space in our apt.

My favorite item is the ice cream scooper - it's awesome!

What are your recent purchases? Favorite items? Do you have some great older 'vintage' pieces? Post here!

2. Lol. I just went on a tupperware buying spree. My favorite are the Lock-N-Lock containers.

3. I looooooooooooooooooove Tupperware!!!

My husband has banned me from buying anymore tupperware this year though :shame:

4. I absolutely love Tupperware. DH thought I had gone completely mental when I bought a large box (it's round and it has a handle in which you can carry it) for layered cakes. It has come in handy when I need to bring one of those big ones to work. I really don't know how else to describe it and I don't remember what it's called, hope you know which one I mean! Tupperware rules!

5. I cannot even handle tupperware. I ALWAYS lose all the lids and so I have 20 containers and 3 lids. We don't do a whole lot of leftovers, so maybe that's why I don't have a lot, but I just can't do it. I'd rather use clingwrap and a plate.

6. i live for tupperware! I always cook and store food in them.

:smile:

7. awwww, MBart, glad I could help inspire your thread! The Tupp rules!!

I had a Tupperware party that was insane...12 GFs crammed in my kitchen cooking, way too much wine...and after the damage was done I earned over $200 in free product! wahooo!!

Some of my faves:
    - The pickle holder and picker upper
    - Rock & serve with the round lid that makes a hole for when you microwave
    - Ice cream scooper....amazing! You can put an ice cube in it and the ice starts melting, HTH!
    - The multi-use kitchen shears

probably top of my list is the FridgeSmart stuff. I keep my produce in them and use the drawers at the bottom of my fridge instead for pop, beer, etc. That way my produce is more at eye level and I remember to use it! The little nostril-like vents you can pop open or closed and there's a guide on the side of the containers for what type of produce should be with them open, closed, etc.

Here's a pic...I have these in clear with a blue top:

[​IMG]

Oh...and as far as oldies but goodies go, my Mom still has her iceberg lettuce holder...the classic round container with the spike at the bottom for the lettuce. It was a wedding present for her...in 1964 and it's still going strong!!

8. Does anyone have a solution for all those tupperware lids that fall out of the cupboard when you just squeeze one out!??? Do you stack them on top of each other or side by side?

9. found this on the tupp site, but it's a counter or wall mount...maybe it could fit inside a cupboard, I don't know...

Large enough to hold up to 15 Tupperware® seals and up to six Flatout™ Containers this clever organizer sits on your countertop or can be mounted on the wall with the screws included.
    White
    7 ½"H x 10 ½"L x 5"D (19 x 26.5 x 13 cm)

[​IMG]

10. I have the oyster containers in may sizes. Lids attached on a hinge so you cant lose them. Great for childrens sandwich boxes.