Tummy tuck then baby??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all pardon my ignorance if this is something that should not be done (most people tell me that it shouldn't be done...).

I have 2 babies and can't stand the way my abs look. I love my body right now and feel that I've never looked better except for the extra skin around my belly. My OH and I want to have another baby in the next year or two...but I feel like in the time being I just can't stand to look at my belly! Is there a point in having a tummy tuck then having other babies a few years later??

Thanks ladies.

2. hi dear

I know nothing about plastic surgery but I am currently pregnant with my fifth baby. I was quite lucky that after the first two I just got back into shape in the tummy area as well. Since baby 3 this is different but I honestly feel that each pregnancy would lead to another tummy tuck - so I decided that if I wanted such procedure done it would have to be after I had the last kid. So I would presume if you had another baby after a tummy tuck you would end up getting another tummy tuck after that - if you don't mind and can afford, why not? having said that, I don't know whether having a tummy tuck would affect any future pregnancies (I am really uneducated in this field..)

Perplexed likes this.
  3. I'd never consider it just for a tighter belly for one year.
    I had a TT and I'd do it again, I recommend it, when you're all done w/ having babies!

Mrs.T and Perplexed like this.
  4. Nope, never. Wait until you are done. I too had a TT.

Perplexed likes this.
  5. I guess we better hurry up and have all the kids we want to have so I can have a tummy tuck! thanks everyone!

6. It's better to complete your family and then get tummy tuck surgery. I had undergone this procedure from a cosmetic surgery clinic in Windsor after having my 4 children. I'm really happy to see my belly now as they are flat like before delivery. Good luck with your decision!!

Perplexed likes this.
  7. I am too seriously considering this - and I am totally against plastic surgery usually (LOL). However, I am having my fifth child and I really doubt that I can bring it back to where it was on my own...

8. You're considering a TT and then another baby?

9. After a tummy tuck you will have a beautiful, taunt stomach again that you absolutely will not want to jeopardize with additional pregnancies. My belly wasn't flat even before my 4 pregnancies but it looks amazing now. My doc said no more pregnancies after because there won't be enough skin left to safely stretch as the baby grows. I also had to sign a document to indicate I understood that if I ever need reconstructive surgery, I may not have enough spare skin to harvest due to the tummy tuck. Good luck.

Perplexed likes this.