Tumbleweed, oh tumbleweed...

Oh I only bought so many to help me decide on one final choice at home. I returned all of them except for the smog. I am definitely loving the smog, though!

Riry! I am sooo glad you're loving the smog! :yahoo:I wish I had the funds to buy that color too. I have the blue velvet.....I stopped in at Nordies just to see what they had left on the floor, and my fave SA told me that the only colors they had left were the burnt orange and brown sugar.....everything was completely sold out! hmmmm. Maybe if they get another smog in stock somehow, I'll just HAVE to take it of their hands! lol....But, I hope the smog that I come across will be much like the first one I fell in love with (since I've been seeing posts about how the color can vary from purse to purse)....but, just wanted to say I'm glad you love the smog! I hope I can get my hands on one too! :nuts: Again, congrats!....I'll eventually figure out how to post a pic one of these days so everyone can see the blue velvet....

Nice, I JUST made an order with Nordies for the Tumbleweed in smog. I fell in love with it at the store but I wanted to go home and think on it for a while. It's been weeks and I'm still thinking about that bag so I just caved in and got it :P

From the little I've perused this thread -- has Tano offered this Tumbleweed style over a number of years in different colors and different types of leather?

I was told by Must Have Bag that they did change the leather a little, it's still the buffalo but it's not as thick, it has a more polished look. At first I was very disappointed I missed out on the first season of this bag but more and more I have fallen so much in love with mine, I'm glad I got what I did! It reminds me a lot of a leather jacket and works in beautifully. It's very well made and not too thin at all.

If they ever make this bag in a wine/burgundy color I would.. :faint: !

Linda
ps - the 'brick' color at MHB looks sooo pretty!

From the little I've perused this thread -- has Tano offered this Tumbleweed style over a number of years in different colors and different types of leather?

I have the original Tumbleweed in Brown Sugar Tumbleweed leather, Modica, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is thick and chewy leather with an amazing texture. I've seen the new ones in IRL, too, and they are pretty. But I love the rough and tumble look of mine and prefer it for me. :biggrin:

Ameladybug- I have you to thank for the smog. I never even considered this color until I saw your post in the deal thread. If you ever want to temporarily swap and babysit each other's bags (b/c I still love that blue velvet), let me know!

itsliz89- excellent choice! I'm not surprised that this bag stayed in your mind for so long. I was slightly obsessed when I was figuring out which color to choose. I hope you enjoy your bag as much as I enjoy mine.

beeb- sorry to torture you, but have you seen linda's reveal of her burgundy bag in the LP forum? you would die!!

I wish Tano still made the thick tumbleweed leather... I love my new smog and wouldn't trade it for anything, but I could do with a second bag in rugged, chewy style!

hmmm.... I wonder how what the brick-color Tumbleweed looks like IRL. maybe close to wine/burgundy?

Hmmm, maybe we should ask Tano Expert, or call MHB!

According to Wiki - Cordovan is a rich shade of burgundy and a dark shade of rose. Cordovan takes its name from the city of Cordoba, Spain, where the production of shell cordovan leather was first practiced by the Visigoths in the seventh century.[2] The term cordovan has come to describe the color of clothing, leather in particular.

Though I'm not sure the bag on MHB's site looks like it has any wine tones..or does it?? :thinking:

Linda