Tuileries Hobo - does anyone own it?

Sonmi999

Backpack lover
Jul 4, 2016
Hello!

I have some store credit to spend and I've been obsessively thinking about getting the Neverfull MM in Damier Ebene with the rose ballerine lining OR the Tuileries Hobo. I've owned Neverfulls before and sold all of them, mostly because I don't find the straps comfortable, but I used to carry A LOT of weight in mine since I carried it to college. The thin straps would dig into my shoulder. Now I don't carry as much anymore and I'm wondering if I should try again, because I've been sighing over this bag since it was released last year.
However, I'm also obsessed about the Tuileries Hobo. I owned a Tuileries Besace and had to return it (it was defective), and that's how I got my credit. I liked it a lot, but it doesn't hold much, hence why I'm interested in the Hobo version. I love hobo bags. However, I already have a Delightful MM in DE and another black leather hobo from Michael Kors, but I currently own no totes.

Since I already have some experience with the Neverfull, but still none with the Tuileries Hobo, I'd like to know if someone owns this bag and what are their thoughts about it.
TIA!

I have one. I have the one with the black trim. I love it! Its really comfortable. Im a big fan of the Neverfull if only it didn't have the vachetta and had black trim instead... Ugh maybe one day. Lol. Do you have specific questions?
Thank you so much for answering! I tried this bag on at the store and loved it. It reminds me of the Delightful, but much fancier. I only have one specific question: how is the wear on the calfskin trim? Any scratches or wrinkles? I was afraid of wrinkling the trim of my Besace when trying to access the outside zipped pocket.

Hello!

I have some store credit to spend and I've been obsessively thinking about getting the Neverfull MM in Damier Ebene with the rose ballerine lining OR the Tuileries Hobo. I've owned Neverfulls before and sold all of them, mostly because I don't find the straps comfortable, but I used to carry A LOT of weight in mine since I carried it to college. The thin straps would dig into my shoulder. Now I don't carry as much anymore and I'm wondering if I should try again, because I've been sighing over this bag since it was released last year.
However, I'm also obsessed about the Tuileries Hobo. I owned a Tuileries Besace and had to return it (it was defective), and that's how I got my credit. I liked it a lot, but it doesn't hold much, hence why I'm interested in the Hobo version. I love hobo bags. However, I already have a Delightful MM in DE and another black leather hobo from Michael Kors, but I currently own no totes.

Since I already have some experience with the Neverfull, but still none with the Tuileries Hobo, I'd like to know if someone owns this bag and what are their thoughts about it.
TIA!

I am curious what the defect was. TIA

Since you mentioned you have owned many Neverfulls and sold them all (due to the thin straps being uncomfortable, etc.), I wouldn't get the DE NF. I would get the Tuileries hobo instead. But you also mentioned that you don't carry as much anymore, and the hobo is quite large. Were you able to at least try on the hobo and get a feel for it?

Btw, sorry to hear your Besace was defective! If you don't mind me asking, what was wrong with it?

I am curious what the defect was. TIA
The green leather of the short strap was peeling slightly. You could see it in the light, but I couldn't take pictures because it didn't show on camera. It seemed the coating over the leather was peeling, actually, because it looked like very tiny specks of glue or something, but I don't even know if that's possible. That's why I returned it. I haven't seen anyone else with this issue, though.

Since you mentioned you have owned many Neverfulls and sold them all (due to the thin straps being uncomfortable, etc.), I wouldn't get the DE NF. I would get the Tuileries hobo instead. But you also mentioned that you don't carry as much anymore, and the hobo is quite large. Were you able to at least try on the hobo and get a feel for it?

Btw, sorry to hear your Besace was defective! If you don't mind me asking, what was wrong with it?
No problem! I just answered your question above.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. The thing is both the Besace and the Hobo hold less than they seem, probably because of the magnetic closure, which means that the two sides of the bag must be united on the leather trim. That makes the space smaller than if it didn't have the magnet. I tried the Hobo on on the same day I got the Besace and could never really stop thinking about it. I love hobos and this bag is gorgeous and comfortable. However, now I'm having (more) second thoughts because I think the Tuileries line is overpriced... the bags are mostly made of canvas, after all. And I fear the smooth calfskin trim won't wear very well, since it's a bit delicate.
About the Neverfull, Im hopeful that if I don't carry books and notebooks inside it, since I don't need to anymore, I'll be able to wear it. Now that I think about it, I remember my NF GM in DE was very uncomfortable at first, but the straps softened up a bit after I spent some months using it frequently. I sold my NFs MM because I found the straps uncomfortable, but I sold the GM because it was too big for me, and that was the one I wore the most, hands down. I don't know... I'll try it on at the store with all my usual items in it and I'll make sure to spend some time with it over my shoulder. I'll try the Besace Hobo on again if they have it in stock.

I have the Besace, (smaller one of the two shoulder bags) not the Hobo. The short strap was the issue on mine too. I was able to choose another. The pink piping on the short strap was running into the green piping.

I'd agree that this is NOT a huge bag but I can get everything I need in it and carry it in style and comfortably all day. That was the whole reason for the purchase.

My perception was this was reasonably priced compared to the other bags given it had treated calfskin, contrasting details, and a pink fizzy lining. The PF review mentioned they felt the price point was below what LV charges for their other lines with calf leather also. A LV removable strap alone sell for $$.

I love this bag. It holds a wallet, IPhone 7 PLUS, IPad mini, keys, lipstick, ear buds, etc. Will it hold books? No. But it comfortably holds what I'm willing to carry around all day.

Leather on flap looks good. Does have a tendency to flip up. I smoothe it down when I go into the outer zip pocket. I actually had a few areas of "character" on the green calfskin flap that smoothed out with time and these few "imperfections" buffed out with use.

I tried on the larger Hobo but I'm not tall so the bag overwhelmed my frame. This smaller Besace lays beautifully against the body.

By the way, anyone who is looking for a great wallet match to the khaki-pink version... The 1941 wallet and wristlet are perfect matches to the fizzy pink. The copper hardware doesn't match but the pinks do. Pinks are so hard to match.

http://www.coach.com/coach-small-tr...leather/86909.html?dwvar_color=BPBCE&index=37

Click on the neon pink:
http://www.coach.com/coach-clutch-in-glovetanned-leather/58818.html?dwvar_color=BPHGR&index=1

Last edited:
I have the hobo with black trim. I wore it on and off and like it a lot. No problems or defects for me. It's a great simple hobo and comfortable
Thank you very much for your input!

I have the Besace, (smaller one of the two shoulder bags) not the Hobo. The short strap was the issue on mine too. I was able to choose another. The pink piping on the short strap was running into the green piping.

I'd agree that this is NOT a huge bag but I can get everything I need in it and carry it in style and comfortably all day. That was the whole reason for the purchase.

My perception was this was reasonably priced compared to the other bags given it had treated calfskin, contrasting details, and a pink fizzy lining. The PF review mentioned they felt the price point was below what LV charges for their other lines with calf leather also. A LV removable strap alone sell for $$.

I love this bag. It holds a wallet, IPhone 7 PLUS, IPad mini, keys, lipstick, ear buds, etc. Will it hold books? No. But it comfortably holds what I'm willing to carry around all day.

Leather on flap looks good. Does have a tendency to flip up. I smoothe it down when I go into the outer zip pocket. I actually had a few areas of "character" on the green calfskin flap that smoothed out with time and these few "imperfections" buffed out with use.

I tried on the larger Hobo but I'm not tall so the bag overwhelmed my frame. This smaller Besace lays beautifully against the body.

By the way, anyone who is looking for a great wallet match to the khaki-pink version... The 1941 wallet and wristlet are perfect matches to the fizzy pink. The copper hardware doesn't match but the pinks do. Pinks are so hard to match.

http://www.coach.com/coach-small-tr...leather/86909.html?dwvar_color=BPBCE&index=37

Click on the neon pink:
http://www.coach.com/coach-clutch-in-glovetanned-leather/58818.html?dwvar_color=BPHGR&index=1
Wow, thanks a lot for your review! I think you're right about the price. I didn't express myself well. I think the bag is overpriced for me, specifically, because I don't care much about calfskin leather, so I'd be paying more for something that doesn't impress me. I have two bags in calfskin, but I bought them for the design, not because they were made of this material, even though I know this must have made a huge difference in the price point.
I LOVED my Besace. It was absolutely perfect in every aspect for my body frame and held all my essentials. However, I am definitely not in need of another small crossbody bag, especially in monogram, because I already have a Speedy B 25 and a Pochette Métis in mono. This was the reason why I got store credit and didn't exchange it for another Besace. It's too small for me to use for work and I already have plenty of bags for the weekend. I had a picture of myself with the Hobo, but I can't find it. I think I accidentally deleted it from my phone. It was big for me, but I really liked it anyway.
Gosh, this is hard [emoji23]

Reactions: Purse FanGirl
Thank you very much for your input!

Wow, thanks a lot for your review!

To Sonmi: Many thanks. I know there are not a lot of ladies out there that have this one yet. There wasn't a lot of early stock on it, so there are not a lot of reviews yet.

Glad to hear that you have found that perfect one that works for you. I literally would've been just dragging that Hobo around. [emoji4]

Reactions: Sonmi999