• Hobo

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Besace

Votes: 35 64.8%

• Total voters

Chanel1965

O.G.
Dec 22, 2007
I was just taking a quick peak in LV the other day, saw the Tuileries line and had to have one. I really like both the Hobo (larger) and the Besace (smaller). The one challenge was that I wanted black and the black is only available in Hobo (the larger of the two styles), but I really like that Besace has cross body option so I went with the Besace. I do love it...but it was a total impulse purchase and now I am thinking that maybe I prefer the Hobo so that I can get black. I don't really "need" one size more than another in my collection so I could go either way. I really like both...but am only going to get one. Which do you like better?louis-vuitton-tuileries-besace-monogram-canvas-handbags--M43157_PM2_Front view.jpglouis-vuitton-tuileries-hobo-monogram-canvas-handbags--M43154_PM2_Front view.jpg

I also looked at both. For me, the hobo was too large and I liked the versatility of the cross body strap. I would go for size/comfort over color so I think you made the right choice. And you can use the couple hundred you save towards a black/monogram wallet. [emoji41]

Reactions: Chanel1965
Did you try on the Besace as a cross-body? I tried it yesterday and found the strap too short...the SA said it is actually just a longer shoulder strap. I was disappointed because I love the bag but I found the length of the strap awkward....

Did you try on the Besace as a cross-body? I tried it yesterday and found the strap too short...the SA said it is actually just a longer shoulder strap. I was disappointed because I love the bag but I found the length of the strap awkward....

Interesting that SA said longer shoulder strap....the website says cross body strap. I find that I always wish LV cross body straps were a little longer. I have the "twice/twinset" and this is very similar in length. I do wish they would make them adjustable to give a longer option. This one is ok on me crossbody (I am 5'6") but a little short over some coats.

Reactions: fashion_junky
Interesting that SA said longer shoulder strap....the website says cross body strap. I find that I always wish LV cross body straps were a little longer. I have the "twice/twinset" and this is very similar in length. I do wish they would make them adjustable to give a longer option. This one is ok on me crossbody (I am 5'6") but a little short over some coats.

Yeah, when I went to put it on, the SA said specifically that it is meant to be a longer shoulder strap. Weird. Maybe I am just used to the Alma BB straps that are longer? That's good that it works on you! Congrats, it is a great bag! Maybe I'll go back and try it again, once my ban has been lifted :smile:

Yeah, when I went to put it on, the SA said specifically that it is meant to be a longer shoulder strap. Weird. Maybe I am just used to the Alma BB straps that are longer? That's good that it works on you! Congrats, it is a great bag! Maybe I'll go back and try it again, once my ban has been lifted :smile:

On a different note....I love your new twist! Worth the "ban:"! ;)

Reactions: fashion_junky
View attachment 3569102 View attachment 3569104 I have the hobo version and am a male and it's perfect for me with the strap I bought. I love LV ladies bags more than mens bags. The hobo I have is noticeably bigger than the other version but hobo doesn't come with strap and it's more expensive.

Thanks! Your bag looks great with the strap!! Are you loving it?

I was thinking about that as a possible option and had even looked at the straps online. I do think that the hobo works better cross body on a man....as I am fairly petite and I think that the hobo cross body might look too big/clunky on me.

Thanks for the input and votes. I bought the besace and really like it but was having second thought about switching to the hobo...this helps me lose the second thoughts and stick with Besace. Thanks! :flowers:

Reactions: Aliluvlv
I bought the smaller version because I had to have the pink interior. I find that the strap is just right for me as a cross body, however, am short at 5'3". It's a bit smaller than I am normally used to in a shoulder bag but it holds everything I need it to. I think the larger size would have been too large for me.

Reactions: Juliela
I bought the smaller version because I had to have the pink interior. I find that the strap is just right for me as a cross body, however, am short at 5'3". It's a bit smaller than I am normally used to in a shoulder bag but it holds everything I need it to. I think the larger size would have been too large for me.

I did not see the green/pink in person...didnt realize that it has pink interior. So cute!! :love: