Trying to get my second Kooba bag!

wellwood

May 27, 2007
Hi, I just joined purse forum! I am a huge bag person, just like everybody else here, and I go to college in Boston. I decided to post my first thread here in Kooba forum because I want to purchase a second Kooba bag. My first Kooba bag was a Kooba hobo, and it got totally destroyed at our school's spring fling (so yeah, no bringing precious bags to college parties).

I was thinking about getting Kooba Leather Parker, so I can also use it as my book bag. Do you think this is a good second Kooba bag for me?

Depending on how many books you'll be carrying, the Natasha might be a better choice. It's considerably bigger than the Parker, but still has the same overall feel and style. Here are the measurements from Revolve:

Parker: Measures approx 13"W x 13.5"H x 4.75"D
Natasha: Measures approx 22.5"W (at widest portion) x 15"H (at center) x 2.5"D

Sorry to hear about your Kooba distaster! I am very thankful I didn't carry expensive bags back when I was a college girl!

KoobaLover, thanks for your reply! That was a very helpful information. The main reason that I was considering Parker instead of Natasha was 1) Parker has one strap so it's easy so carry it around 2) Parker is already firmly shaped so it's easy so put books inside. What do you think?

That makes sense. The one thing I thought about after I replied was that the strap on the Parker looks a little more shoulder-friendly. I don't own either bag though, so I could be wrong.

What color are you thinking of getting?

I have a patent Parker and the strap IS very shoulder friendly. For a large bag, even when I had it loaded up, plus had heavy charms hanging on it, it was never uncomfortable and I can use it all day on a shopping spree w/out my back or shoulder wonking out.

I would think that if your books fit well inside it, simply because of its shape, it should serve you well and not be a pain, literally. I can't speak for Natasha because I don't own one.

So, Grace123, I am leaning towards Parker. Do you completely agree that I should get a Parker for my book bag? I just want to know if there is any other options for me besides Natasha and Parker.

Wellwood, do you have a shop near you that carries Kooba bags? If so, take a couple of books and go try them on. See how you like the fit of the books in the bag and on your shoulder. Try a Parker and maybe a Sloane or Paige too.

Then you'll be sure you made the right choice. ;)