Trying to find the perfect fit

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello There,

I'm pretty new to YSL but recently I fell in love with the YSL downtown. I really want the deerskin downtown but I'm not sure what size to get.

Will the deerskin large downtown be too be for me since I'm 5'1 and about 105lbs? Or will the medium size be better? I want to wear it as a shoulder bag.

Since I'm from Canada, I'm planning to buy the bag from the boutique and have it shipped to me.

Anyone with modeling photos, please post as I would love to see how it fits on the body.

Very much appreciate everyone's help.

I can't wait to own my very first YSL!!!!

2. im think medium. large IMO would be a bit too big...

3. I don't have modeling pics but I am 5'9 and I have the medium and it is perfect. The large is to long (north south) the medium one is wider, so I like it better.

4. Oh.... I had the large deerskin downtown in black with gold hardware on hold for me right now.

I wonder where I can find the medium deerskin downtown in black with gold...

Has anyone seen one available in a boutique?

TIA

5. I have the Large and love it. It doesn't seem too big to me and, like the Oversize Muse, is the original version seen on the runways. I personally think it looks very chic. You're very petite, though, so you might find the Medium a better fit. I think Monica Cruz is carrying a medium deerskin in the Celebs photos thread at the top of the page, so you might want to check out those pics.

All of the black deerskin Downtowns will have gold/brass hardware, so you don't need to worry about specifying the hardware color. I know people were spotting them marked down in the boutiques during the last sale, so maybe try the outlets to see if they have any mediums if that's the size you want. Good luck!