trying to find a REAL version of this FAKE bag...

Spielberg1

Sep 22, 2007
Ok, please don't yell at me!

I bought this FAKE LV bag at a church christmas fair this weekend

I only bought it because i LOVE THE STYLE!!!

and i want to hunt down a REAL bag in this same style OR have one made by someone on etsy

this is like a REVERSE satchel.

the handles are on the ENDS of the bag instead of in the middle

so it is easy to open wide, but when you carry it -- it closes up in a triangle shape

(there is an additional shoulder strap you can use -- and just fold the handles down)

have you ever seen a bag (any brand) made in this style?

thanks!

:smile:

Attachments

• ry=400.jpeg
    ry=400.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 137
  • ry=400-1.jpeg
    ry=400-1.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 167
  • ry=400-2.jpeg
    ry=400-2.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 119
:lolots: Sorry but that's funny! Spielberg1, we can't get mad at you but boy do you have it baaaaad for bags! I would probably enjoy walking the streets of NYC with you surveying everyones bags!

spielberg1, All I can say is you're adorable! A word of advice to help with this fetish, is just go out and see all the bags. See if this helps you. Tell yourself that acquiring them all will eventually bore you and you will want a new updated one. I am actually a purveyor than a buyer. I get such a thrill when I see someone wearing a magnificent handbag! However, I don't lust to buy it unless it is a bag I feel I NEED to have!

If it helps make you feel better, you're not alone and in time, this WILL pass!:flowers:

spielberg1, All I can say is you're adorable! A word of advice to help with this fetish, is just go out and see all the bags. See if this helps you. Tell yourself that acquiring them all will eventually bore you and you will want a new updated one. I am actually a purveyor than a buyer. I get such a thrill when I see someone wearing a magnificent handbag! However, I don't lust to buy it unless it is a bag I feel I NEED to have!

If it helps make you feel better, you're not alone and in time, this WILL pass!:flowers:

thanks BgaHolic !!! :smile:

Today I was in a resale shop and i saw this awesome chanel drawstring bag -- for a whopping $1600 or $1800!!! -- and i was like... if i had that kind of money (i don't!) could i buy this bag and it would be my ONLY bag for like five or ten years years... or would i always be swayed by new styles coming out.

i really would like to live simply :smile:

thanks BgaHolic !!! :smile:

Today I was in a resale shop and i saw this awesome chanel drawstring bag -- for a whopping $1600 or $1800!!! -- and i was like... if i had that kind of money (i don't!) could i buy this bag and it would be my ONLY bag for like five or ten years years... or would i always be swayed by new styles coming out.

i really would like to live simply :smile:

The story of all us tpf'ers!! That's the genius of marketing firms.

Simplifying (bags and life in general) is VERY VERY hard but well worth it in the long run. Trust me, I'm doing it right now. Very liberating but exhausting at the same time.

It will happen for you too!

i tried getting an all purpose super functional and cute looking bag and it's the most expensive i've ever paid too thinking it's going to be my last bag for the next 3-5 or heck 10 years BUT i now know it's just a dream .... after that purchased i bought another 2 bags :sweatdrop: so yup i categorize myself under the "would always be swayed by new styles coming out" group

I think once you find the right bag (it has to be very well made of course) you can be satisfied for years. Since buying Hermes I really haven't been impressed by anything else for a few years. If I buy another bag it's just another color/size of one I already have. I'd start saving for a Lindy!