Trying to decide on a 'celebration' bag, having a hard time...need some help, please.

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
OK...some musings, so bear with me....

Lots of cool things coming up for me...
Later this month is my 25 year anniversary with LV (25 years since I got my first bag.)
Next month is my birthday, the big 4-0 (yikes)
...and...I am getting ready to hit 20,000 posts

So I thought I would celebrate with a great new bag...makes sense, right?
But nothing is appealing to me. :hrmm:

I thought about getting a new keepall, mono or damier, to replace the one my son 'borrowed' for college, since that was my first bag from 25 years ago...but the reason I let him take it was I barely used it.....so I thought how about something similar, but different...looked at the Ribera gm and Nolita 24 (discontinued, but vf has one) but :shrugs:, they seem so blah.

Posting about my white, mc keepall in the beach thread, makes me almost want to get a new one....yes, I could ask for mine back from my sister, but :s she loves it, and I would feel bad asking for it back after so long...so I think I will let her just keep it.

From the beach thread:
I used to always take my white mc keepall...it was my summer 'standby' bag. Sat under the foyer table at all times, packed with sun screen, towels, a few snacks (fruit snacks, peanuts, etc), and water. Some cash, a credit card, the season passes for all the parks in the pockets... it was great, we could grab and go on a moments whim...but then my sister borrowed the bag for a trip and I haven't gotten it back in over a year and a half...

So, now that I have completly bored you....any thoughts or suggestions?

For you mary? Hmm this is a hard one. I would look at these suggestions.

Ribera
Nolita
The new waterproof keepal?
SO epi alma voyage

OR (best idea) what about springing for a boite on ebay?
DH will understand 20,000 posts and the big 40 and 25 years with louis deserves something amazing

I thought about the waterproof keepall, too...I think I am going to look at that tomorrow.

I have the mono alma voyage, otherwise the special order epi would sound great.

I have been thinking of sunset, but in perle...but I don't know if that is 'special' enough...kwim?

I think I am just a spoiled brat, especially this year...I just bought too much and haven't saved something to celebrate with.

How about getting LV fine jewellery or a watch? That's what I would choose for my 40th. Seems you have a lot of bags already and if none of the new ones coming out are shouting your name then perhaps some bling would be appealing?

I would go w/a special piece of LV jewelry as suggested. I would get the charm bracelet w/1 or 2 charms and add more for different occasions.

For my 40th b'day three yrs ago, my DH let me choose either a nice piece of jewlery or a watch. I opted for a watch.