Trying to decide...need advice!!!!

mcg3897

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I am trying to make my final decision, I want a new bag, and am really interested in the Moutard color. I wanted a yellow bag last year but talked myself out of last year's yellow color (the really bright one). Now that Moutard is available, I want a yellow bag again. I am nervous about the color since I can only see it online. I am looking for a nice bright, buttery yellow, not to browny, if that makes sense. I have stalked all the pictures on here and think that this might be nice. Yellow without the highlighter look of last years' yellow! I worry about it getting dirty though, I am careful with my bags but I do wear jeans and black a lot!

Also, I have two citys and one work. I prefer a city but also looking at the Velo or even a twiggy (don't know about this size if it compares to a city) and even a part time. I wish my city had a little bit more room but the work needs a shoulder strap. Okay....options!!!!
Moutard?
City?
Part-time?
Velo?

bacaster

banana cake monster~
Oct 11, 2009
all over...
I think size wise Part time would be good..it has longer strap and more room comparing to city and you don't have one yet...or u can just stick with city since you really like it. I am actually thinking of getting moutarde myself..I think it would be a really nice color..i dont think it would be like the 08 yellow so bright..but i haven't seen it irl so i can't be sure...

imlvholic

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
Mutarde is the same as the Mustard color or very close. A Velo would be nice but maybe prone to jeans color transfer if you wear it messenger style because the strap is really long. It will definitely rub on your jeans. Me, personally, not a fan of PT, but LOVE the City.

Mia729

Feb 21, 2010
USA
i saw the Moutard color online yesterday!! i like it too!!!! if you have always thought about getting a yellow color, then why not get it now! lol.....

tillie46

O.G.
Aug 28, 2009
Here's my Moutarde City.........I think the color is definitely just like mustard. It's not a bright yellow........much softer, but very rich. I think my pictures are pretty accurate...........Maybe they will help you decide...........

Attachments

tillie46

O.G.
Aug 28, 2009
MCG3897............This is a picture of my Moutard City in outside, natural light.........

tillie46

O.G.
Aug 28, 2009
MCG..........A closer view of the Moutarde City......... inside with a flash.........

Last edited:

mcg3897

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
Thank you for the pictures!!! Your bag is beautiful!!! I want it!!!!!
:smile:
Okay, now I need to decide between the city and part time.....is it coming in pt??? PT is not on the website yet. I talked myself out of yellow last time....I don't think I am going to now!!!!! Color decided!!!!

tillie46

O.G.
Aug 28, 2009
MCG...........I didn't see it in the PT, only the City. I'm so glad you decided on the Bag.......I think you'll be very happy with it. I love mine!:hugs:

Susan Lee

Double Trouble
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
California
Good choice! Tillie your bag is stunning btw :biggrin:

I would go for the part time. The strap is longer than the city's and it can be worn cross body (not as long as the velo but comfortable and not strange). You can wear the pt on the shoulder by the handles easier than you can with the city (at least I can-the pt is very comfortable for me since the handle drop is longer)...

abitobling

Feb 28, 2007
I would not get velo in this color because of the jean transfer mentioned above. As for the rest, it's kinda what you prefer. Imo you can fit the same amount in Twiggy as City (I have both), but it's harder to fit 8x11 or similar something because of the shape.

bacaster

banana cake monster~
Oct 11, 2009
all over...
MCG...........I didn't see it in the PT, only the City. I'm so glad you decided on the Bag.......I think you'll be very happy with it. I love mine!:hugs:
hi, I was wondering of getting a moutarde too but I was wondering how the leather was on it? cuz I REALLY care about leather and i really want the 04 just because of the leather but how's the 10? I think it looks saturated...is it soft and thick?? thanks.