Trying to decide... help me sway my decision!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

What bag?

1. XL Hamptons Black

2. XL Hamptons Cypress

3. XL Hamptons Walnut

4. Get at least two!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey girls...

So the other day I went to pick up the bag I ordered (Devin) and it was just not the bag for me... the bag didn't slouch, was stiff, had two handles (which in the picture it look like it only had one) and took up my whole body. I just wasn't feeling it for myself, either was my SA. So I've been lusting over the XL Hamptons Hobo ever since I was waiting for my Devin to arrive (at the time). The problem is, I like the Hamptons XL Hobo in 3 colors... The black, the walnut and the cypress. What color would you choose and why? Let me also say, I don't own a black, brown or green bag, LOL... Would you get the same bag in two colors? I'm afraid if I do that I won't have a "variety" in my collection. TIA!

2. Have you seen the hobo IRL - She is big as well. Do you think she will be to big for you as well?????

For me, I would get the black and the walnut - YEAR round bags and you can wear with EVERYTHING

3. O yeah, I've tried on the XL Hobo, and I think the major difference about this bag compared to the Devin is that its super slouchy, it doesn't sit right underneath my armpit... I like that the leather is really soft... and that I could also wear it crossbody if I wanted :biggrin:

4. I love that bag and, yes, it is ginormous! Have you tried it on at the store? I think it has a wierd shape but it's so comfortable to wear! I love all three of the colors. If you're going to get more than one, make one cypress. That way you won't get bored with the style b/c you probably wouldn't use cypress as much as walnut/black, imho!

5. It really depends on what you wear more. I voted the walnut because after seeing it on the Cupcakes and Cashmere blog, I loved it!!! But, if I were buying it, I would go with black because it suits me more. I really didn't care for the Cypress color at all for a handbag.

6. I agree the bag is ginormous, but the thing about this bag is that even when the bag isn't full it has a gorgeous slouch... and it feels light! I'm going to put my stuff in it when I go and look at it again this week to make my final decision. I wish my store would have the cypress and the walnut so I could see the colors IRL, thats why it makes it so hard to decide, LOL

ITA! I like the black a lot because I don't have a black and silver bag, and I've always wanted one... and this is the only bag thus far thats gotten me to drool over it... LOL...

7. walnut and the cypress are just stunning and worth having...

I esp love the green it is a stunning shade and makes the bag look very classic COACH>..

8. Although the cypress is very pretty I vote for the walnut. I just can't pass on a beautiful rich brown, which is compatible with almost any color.

9. Ha...I am returning Devin too...my DH doesn't like it on me....and I was also thinking about the Hampton hobo...I want the Walnut if I can find one....walnut is sold out....

10. Is the walnut sold out? Ugh, of course, LOL, I wonder if they will get anymore in...

11. You may have already answered this but have you seen the black leather in person? Just asking because it's a different leather than the cypress and the walnut. The black leather is smooth. Personally, I didn't care for it. Even my SA who has been hunting for a black bag didn't like it. She's hoping that the black with brass hardware version will be the same pebbled leather has the other colors.

I've had both the walnut and the cypress. The cypress one, while pretty, gave me a ton of troubles. I returned two of them without even using them because the green color was peeling off the leather in tiny little spots. I tried a third one and I thought this was a keeper and I carried it about 5 times. However, last weekend, I noticed that it was doing the same thing. Argh! So I finally just returned and and I got my money back. :sad:

I do still have the walnut one though. The cypress and the walnut always felt different to me. And I haven't had any trouble with the walnut one *knocks on wood*. I've carried it for about a month now (much longer than I ever did the cypress) and so far so good. I LOVE the color. It's such a rich shade of brown. And I think that it goes with everything. My SA said that it will come with the black w/ brass hardware and a raisin color. I don't know when though. Good luck with your decision!

12. Forgot to add, you didn't like the Devin? I've been mourning that bag this week because I didn't jump on it fast enough. Maybe it's a good thing? Any bag that didn't have enough drop length or slouch drives me nuts. So it sounds like maybe this wasn't the bag for me any way.

13. Wow, really the leather on the cypress and the walnut is different than the black? Ugh, thats not good, LOL, I love the black although now that you mention that about the leather peeling makes me worried! LOL.

Yep, I just recently got the Devin but returned it. Didn't like that it didn't have a slouch and was just so big on me. It was bigger than the Gigi (which I think is big), it wasn't heavy, just was really boxy, even my SA thought so. It has double handles, and I thought it only had one. It just took up my whole side. I mean it was a pretty bag, but just didn't give me the "wow" factor that I was looking for. And I don't have big arms or anything and it was still sitting right underneath my armpit so wearing a coat w/this bag might be a little hard...

14. Peeling again! Yikes!

The walnut is pretty. How heavy is this bag?

15. Yeah, the cypress, walnut, and ivory colors are pebbled leather. But the black leather is smooth and kind of shiny. I'm not saying that the black is bad, I just didn't like it as much compared to the other colors. I thought the pebbled leather fit the bag more than the smooth. The black leather reminded me of the Kristin hobo leather. But in the Hamptons hobo, it looks a little plain. I don't know if it would peel though. But hey, after going through three cypress ones (and those were pebbled which is typically not fragile at all) who knows what will happen? I still love the walnut one though. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

That's a bummer about the Devin though. I'm actually looking for a winter bag that fits well over a winter coat. And I'm fluffy with bigger arms, so that bag definitely wouldn't work for me. But I'm definitely not going to spend that kind of money on a bag and not be able to wear it 3 or 4 months out of the year.