Trying to decide between two Chanel bags, please help!

hanana

O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
I am new to Chanel and don't really know the different Chanel bags except for the classic 2.55 flaps (which I can't afford right now). I've come across two pre-owned bags that are in my price range and am trying to decide which one to buy. I'd appreciate any input please!

The first is a vintage piece and it has the quilting and the classic Chanel look, but I think there's some damage to the chain. Would that be very expensive to fix?

The second is a newer design, I don't know the name of it or what year it's from exactly. I love the color and the shape, but I do miss the fact that it has no quilting and am not sure if it's as timeless as the other bag. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the CHANEL across the front.

Currently, I only have one Chanel bag, I think it's a mini camera bag in mustard yellow. I love it and am trying to slowly build up a Chanel collection. Please share your thoughts! Thanks so much.

Attachments

• vintage flap.jpg
    vintage flap.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 3m13o93l45Pe5R75Se98q763a269f3ca0142e.jpg
    3m13o93l45Pe5R75Se98q763a269f3ca0142e.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 68
Hanana,

I would advise you to take your time and not rush with enhancing your collection of bags. I would not try to make a "goodness of fit", (i.e.,trying to make sometihing do when I have some reservations/concerns/misgivings about some of the details with the bags). In my experience, outside of a year warrantee, repairs for Chanel bags can be costly and often take a while to be returned. You should consider these expenses and the time it taked when sending bags off for repairs. I would advise you to be passionate and really sure when enhancing your wardrobe. It can also reduce the amount of buyers's remorse, particualry with pre-loved bags.

Having said all of that, I would advise you to get the classic flap. IMO it is a better return on investment. Again, this is just my opinion. You might want to take your time save your money, make a goal, and purchase something you really want.!!!!

Miche

I think you should try to save up more $$$ to buy your dream bag. Just don't settle on these bags because it's a Chanel & is in your price range. If you absolutely love these bags, I'd go with #1 since it's more of a classic bag. Don't forget to factor in the cost of repairs (~$250) & time (4-6 weeks) to get the bag back from repairs.

Thank you for your honest thoughts, I hear a lot of wisdom in them. Perhaps I am just trying to find a bag that fits my budget rather than waiting (and saving) for the one I love. It just feels like I'll never get there! But I will take some time to think about it and see if I still want those bags after a few days.

I like the first one better. More classic and it goes with everything. But if u rly luv the classic flap bag, maybe save up $$$ and wait to get it? It will be rly worth the waiting cuz u truely luv it. ;)

yes the first one for me too. And I also agree with some of the pfers here, there's no rush, why not save up for a classic flap or reissue flap, you'll never regret it :smile: Good luck in your decision.