Trying to decide between the Louis Vuitton pochette Metis in black leather or Chloé drew black small

Which one should I get

• Pochette Metis in black leather

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • Black Chloe drew in small size

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Zahzah

Aug 16, 2011
Hi all I am trying to decide on a black day to night shoulder bag not too big not too small and I was thinking either the Chloe drew in black or the pochette Metis. See I love them both but the Chloe drew even though it has been around for ages I wonder if it’s still too ‘trendy’ and also I wonder if the delicate chain which I love but will it stand the test of time and not break.
The pochette Metis I love the design and how it looks on everyone but I wonder is t too casual and also is it also just having its moment. I am also concerned about the quality issues they seem to have with the glazing.
Please help me decide I have attached pictures so you can see.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 7B57AF77-9CC5-4E0D-B515-BC4F35AF8187.jpeg
    7B57AF77-9CC5-4E0D-B515-BC4F35AF8187.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 682
  • 07F9B1B6-04D4-482B-93C3-7F3A945462C6.png
    07F9B1B6-04D4-482B-93C3-7F3A945462C6.png
    254.7 KB · Views: 702
I'm biased towards the PM because I have one myself. On the glazing issue, it's honestly super random. My bag came in perfect condition and hasn't had problems of the 2 years I have it. I know a lot of others' are fine as well, so don't let that deter you. It's a known problem so if it happens to yours, just bring it in and LV will try to take care of it.

Now me personally if I were to decide between these two bags, I would still go for the PM. I'm just not a big fan of rounded shape bags because the stuff I put in my bags are rectangular anyway, so normally rounded bags don't hold a lot. Chloe's resale value is also not that great so you might want to factor that in as well.

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter what other people think. I always tell people: Go with what makes your heart sing!

Good luck! And do share when you finally decide on either one :smile:

I like Chloe a lot. The bags are beautiful and well made. I'm not crazy about the thin chain strap on the bag.
I LOVE black empreiente - it's so lux so I recommend the Pochette Metis. But I would also suggest checking into other styles from other brands. Some suggestions:

Givenchy Antigona in small or mini
YSL Sac de Jour in small or baby

Good luck!

For some reason, I feel like the PM has more longevity in your wardrobe. The. Chole is gorgeous too but that chain may be an issue down the road and may limit your use.

Reactions: Zahzah
I would go for the Chloe!!
It‘s more special and not so often to see like the Metis!
I have sold my Metis Empreinte after 3 months because of quality issues and the fact that there is such a hystery about the Metis! I don‘t understand why the Metis us so

Reactions: thebookishbaker
I actually own both and I would have to say the metis. The strap is removable so I have thrown on a chain strap to dress it up when needed. The Chloe drew is gorgeous, but it doesn’t hold as much. Something to consider. I think in the end that strap is also removable, so you could clip on a regular strap down the road, although it would really take away from the bag. I’m all about versatility in a pinch, so I think about these things a lot :smile: lol GL deciding!

Thanks for the responses everyone really appreciate the help. I think the main thing putting me off the Metis is the quality issues and especially with the price increase I don’t want issues with my bag in a few months time

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I would go for the Chloe!!
It‘s more special and not so often to see like the Metis!
I have sold my Metis Empreinte after 3 months because of quality issues and the fact that there is such a hystery about the Metis! I don‘t understand why the Metis us so
What was wrong with your empreinte PM? I thought they don't have cracking or glazing issues like the canvas versions?

What was wrong with your empreinte PM? I thought they don't have cracking or glazing issues like the canvas versions?
I have posted some pics of the bottom in the Clubhouse „ for the LoVe of empreinte.
I few weeks after there was a small crack in the leather of the flap on both sides, on the same location like other members with the canvas bag has posted.
I hope you understand my very bad English :sad:

I have posted some pics of the bottom in the Clubhouse „ for the LoVe of empreinte.
I few weeks after there was a small crack in the leather of the flap on both sides, on the same location like other members with the canvas bag has posted.

I will take a look at that now. That's so disappointing!

Have you seen the medium drew with the leather strap? There are a few still floating around out there. That is what I have and I love it for day to night. I had a marine rouge pm and sold it - it looked too boxy/lunch boxish on me, although I did like the organization it offered.