Trying to decide between Monogram and Damier...Help!!!

LVlovingteacher

Proud mom of Speedy
O.G.
Sep 4, 2006
I love the clasic LV look of Monogram but I like the darker handles and leather of Damier less stress lol

What do you think about these and why?

Thank you so much, I am about to purchase my first ever LV!!!

the Damier is definitely much easier to take care of, because it's darker and has no vachetta. it's also a very classic line, and it doesn't yodel the brand name in every direction. it would be a great first LV!

I was in the same situation 2 weeks ago, with buying my first LV. I end up buying a LV monogram, it being my first purchase, and a week later, an LV in damier...it solved my dilemma, lol! I figured, I wouldnt be carrying my bag everyday, hence the solution to less stress! But that again is my personal opinion!:smile:

I don't think you can go wrong with either. If I had to choose I would probably choose Mono, but that's just me. Do you have a bag in mind that you are trying to decide between Damier and Mono or are you going to choose your material first and bag later?

LVlovingteacher said:
I love the clasic LV look of Monogram but I like the darker handles and leather of Damier less stress lol

What do you think about these and why?

Thank you so much, I am about to purchase my first ever LV!!!

I am addicted to Damier, so I don't think I can give you an objective opinion! :shame:

Now the important question - what bag are you thinking of getting??

I just purchased a Damier speedy 30 to use as my rainy day/snowy day bag. I'll be less stressed out about getting it wet, so when it's beautiful out, I can carry my leather bags without worry. That's just my input.

What a hard decision!!! Mono is so classic for LV but I love the darker leather...YIKES..Thank you everyone and please keep the opinions coming my way :smile: Oh I am also loving the trouville or speedy?