Trying to build my collection..

pauii

O.G.
Sep 9, 2012
I recently got my first ever designer handbag, my dream bag, the LV Speedy Bandouliere 25. :heart::smile:
IMG_20191116_195217.jpg

Shortly after that, I got myself a preloved Gucci Marmont camera bag in size small. Because we all need a small black bag.:biggrin:
IMG_20191116_195307.jpg

My two babies together (obviously, I'm a crossbody kind of girl): :cool:
IMG_20191116_195745.jpg

So I don't really intend to buy a lot of designer bags, as much as I want to. :biggrin: I want to have a functional collection, with bags that I'll consistently use. So I want to buy items that are pretty versatile, and would last a long time. Looking at it now, I figured I need two more items:
1. A big tote when I need to bring big books, a laptop, etc
2. Another cross body that's about the same size as a speedy b, but more formal/dressier (the speedy b is pretty darn casual for me)

For the tote, of course, my first consideration is the LV Neverfull. LOL.
louis-vuitton--M40990_PM2_Front view.jpg
I considered the canvas material since like I said, I want it to last a long time. I went to the store today to see it in person, and to compare MM vs GM. Unfortunately, they didn't have the GM in stock. :sad: I was able to try the MM, and I found it too small as a haul tote. So I'm thinking of getting the monogram GM. I know the DE is more carefree, but I think the issues of cracking will really bother me. :hrmm: But I never owned either, so I'm hoping for your feedbacks. And do you have other totes that you prefer? :confused1:

Then I went to the Givenchy store and saw the mini Antigona, and it was beautifuuul. :angel: And almost the same size as the speedy 25.
IMG_20191116_160948.jpg IMG_20191116_161003.jpg

I pretty much fell in love with the mini Antigona. It's black, can be dressy, formal, or for a night out. My only observation is that those handles get in the way of opening and closing the bag. For those who have this bag, does it bother you? Or do you get used to it?

These are the two items that I'm eyeing. What do you think? :hrmm:

I recently got my first ever designer handbag, my dream bag, the LV Speedy Bandouliere 25. :heart::smile:
View attachment 4592366

Shortly after that, I got myself a preloved Gucci Marmont camera bag in size small. Because we all need a small black bag.:biggrin:
View attachment 4592367

My two babies together (obviously, I'm a crossbody kind of girl): :cool:
View attachment 4592368

So I don't really intend to buy a lot of designer bags, as much as I want to. :biggrin: I want to have a functional collection, with bags that I'll consistently use. So I want to buy items that are pretty versatile, and would last a long time. Looking at it now, I figured I need two more items:
1. A big tote when I need to bring big books, a laptop, etc
2. Another cross body that's about the same size as a speedy b, but more formal/dressier (the speedy b is pretty darn casual for me)

For the tote, of course, my first consideration is the LV Neverfull. LOL.
View attachment 4592371
I considered the canvas material since like I said, I want it to last a long time. I went to the store today to see it in person, and to compare MM vs GM. Unfortunately, they didn't have the GM in stock. :sad: I was able to try the MM, and I found it too small as a haul tote. So I'm thinking of getting the monogram GM. I know the DE is more carefree, but I think the issues of cracking will really bother me. :hrmm: But I never owned either, so I'm hoping for your feedbacks. And do you have other totes that you prefer? :confused1:

Then I went to the Givenchy store and saw the mini Antigona, and it was beautifuuul. :angel: And almost the same size as the speedy 25.
View attachment 4592369 View attachment 4592370

I pretty much fell in love with the mini Antigona. It's black, can be dressy, formal, or for a night out. My only observation is that those handles get in the way of opening and closing the bag. For those who have this bag, does it bother you? Or do you get used to it?

These are the two items that I'm eyeing. What do you think? :hrmm:
I think the Antigona and the Neverfull are perfect for your needs, Pauli.:tup::smile:

Reactions: missconvy
I think the Antigona and the Neverfull are perfect for your needs, Pauli.:tup::smile:
Hi! I think so toooo, but I'm giving it time to really think about it. :angel:
I also checked the LV Pochette Metis in empreinte leather when I went to the LV store. Every loves the compartments of that bag, but I actually found it quite.. limiting? I guess I prefer my bags to be just one open hole. :biggrin:

Really, the only thing making me think twice about the Antigona are those handles. :hrmm:

Lol, I started my designer collection this year too with the same exact bags as you - except that I got the speedy b in size 30, and the marmont in rose porcelain, size mini :smile: So happy I chose these bags to start my collection! And I’m even looking for the same bags as you: for the big tote, I’ve been considering the Prada Saffiano bag, Goyard St. Louis and lower down, the Neverfull, just because I see it literally everywhere. If you like the Neverfull go ahead, I’m sure you’ll get tons of use out of it either way since it’s such a functional bag. The Antigona is gorgeous too. Alternatives you may consider: YSL Sac de Jour, Celine micro luggage, Gucci dionysus. Haven’t owned these bags though personally!

Lol, I started my designer collection this year too with the same exact bags as you - except that I got the speedy b in size 30, and the marmont in rose porcelain, size mini :smile: So happy I chose these bags to start my collection! And I’m even looking for the same bags as you: for the big tote, I’ve been considering the Prada Saffiano bag, Goyard St. Louis and lower down, the Neverfull, just because I see it literally everywhere. If you like the Neverfull go ahead, I’m sure you’ll get tons of use out of it either way since it’s such a functional bag. The Antigona is gorgeous too. Alternatives you may consider: YSL Sac de Jour, Celine micro luggage, Gucci dionysus. Haven’t owned these bags though personally!

Great choices for first bags. :biggrin:

Will check into the Celine Micro and the YSL SDJ. The Gucci dionysus is a pass, because I don't like too much hardware. I just hate it when the metal hits every surface every time I put the bag down. :P The reason I chose the Gucci Marmont is because the hardware on the strap is very minimal.