try another walnut maggie or leather brooke

lovemyzoes

lovemyzoes
Jun 21, 2009
I returned my walnut maggie because it arrived with two deep scratches on it and I came home with a medium size black leather brooke. I'm not sure I made the right decision. I kind of wished that I would've tried another maggie. I do like the brooke though. the large brooke was too large and sagged when I but my stuff in it at the coach store. I tried the zipper on every kristin that they had in the store and they were all sticking. I asked the sa about that and she said she knew about the zipper problem, so a kristin is out. I would really appreciate anyones opinion please. I know that the walnut maggie will scratch and if I scratch it then I'll deal with it but I don't want one coming to me already scratched especially one that was scratched as badly as the one I received from jax.

Sorry, you had bad luck with your first Maggie. Personally I think you should give the Maggie another shot. I'm like you, the Brooke has too much of a slouch for me. I have two Maggies, a plum and a black, that I use constantly and neither have a scratch on them. I've also used the Apple Leather conditioner on both and it's worked beautifully. It also helped "fade out" some of the small scratches on my Legacy Mandy.

My Plum Maggie has been carried almost daily since I got her. While I treat my bags very well, they do get bumped, snowed on, tossed on carseats, and occasionally they tip & fall on the floor. I don't baby them. Maggie remains scratchless and spotless. It's phenomenal how the leather on this one has held up compared to the Walnut Madison Carryall, which I returned because of scratches/cracks.

I think the new Walnut is somehow a different leather that scratches easily - much like the Lime leather tends to crack/peel easily.

If I were you, I'd try a different Maggie! Go for the Plum, it's delicious! :P

Oh no, cracked? I just got back from coach with a walnut maggie, now what do I do? the only other color they have in the large size is black and mahogany. I hate to go back and make an exchange again, they're going to kick me out of there.
how did it crack? do you have pictures of the carryall before you returned it showing the crack? what to do.

I had bought the walnut Julianne from last fall and ended up returning it specifically b/c I noticed how easily it scratches. I think it's just what happens with that particular color as is with that type of leather. You may want to wait for a darker or different color brown or just go for another Maggie.

I don't have a picture of the crack. The second I noticed it, I packed her up for return! It was the strangest thing - she arrived from Jax with a very small scratch on the back, but I decided I could live with it. The 4th time I carried her, I was sitting & having coffee with my mom. I looked down lovingly at my bag and saw a definite CREASE in the leather. As soon as I got home, I inspected it further, and I saw that if I pushed outward on the cracked area, from the inside of the bag, it was splitting, and it would have peeled if I'd have picked at it. I sent her back, they sent me a new one in exchange, and I didn't even take that one out. I just didn't want to deal with it again, so I got the Plum Maggie in exchange.